Adobe Premiere Pro rendering with GPU?

Hey guys, I want to pick up Adobe Premiere Pro but before I do, I was wondering if you're able to render videos with a gpu. I currently have a R9 290 and I heard the OpenCL performance is great on it. At the moment I have Sony Vegas Pro demo and I tried rendering with the R9 290 and the colours didn't come out so great as with CPU. Render settings were,

Sony AVC/MVC, 

Video: AVC

Frame Size: 1280x720

Profile High

Entropy coding: CADAC

Frame Rate: 30

Field Order: none

Pixel Aspect Ratio 1

bit rate: 25999360

Number of Slices 4

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

Try rendering in H.264 really quick, please.

But yes, you can use ATI/AMD cards to accelerate some things in Premiere, but I don't think you can specifically render using your GPU. I personally see my CPU usage spike when rendering as opposed to my GPU (although I use nVidia), and my GPU usage go up while editing with multiple effects.

This might help.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

If the colors aren't coming out great, you probably just need to fix your settings.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

But yes, you can use ATI/AMD cards to accelerate some things in Premiere, but I don't think you can specifically render using your GPU. I personally see my CPU usage spike when rendering as opposed to my GPU (although I use nVidia), and my GPU usage go up while editing with multiple effects.

This might help.

When I render a video using opencl in Vegas, My cpu would go up to around 60-70% load but is alot faster. But if I do cpu render only, its always 100% and takes longer

i have premiere pro cc 2014 and the h.263 export is only cpu on my system

i have a amd 7850 aka r9 270

final export time don't really matter as you can use adobe media encoder for all of them at night and do it when you sleeping and any modern cpu can render video at a decent speed

If the colors aren't coming out great, you probably just need to fix your settings.

I tried rendering with both Sony AVC/MVC, and MainConcept AVC/AAC The colours are both the same, really dark when compared to CPU rendering with Windows Media Video V11 which looks just like the raw video file.

This might help.

isnt H.264 CPu only? 

I tried rendering with both Sony AVC/MVC, and MainConcept AVC/AAC The colours are both the same, really dark when compared to CPU rendering with Windows Media Video V11 which looks just like the raw video file.

isnt H.264 CPu only? 

I know Cuda does H.264, OpenCL might. But that's what I am going for; Render in H.264, a different codec relying more on your CPU, and see if the colors are better.

I had the same issue when using Vegas ages ago. I think I ended up just bumping up the brightness and slapping a generic "Vibrance" plugin onto it, and it helped, but looked unnatural as you'd expect. This was with RuneScape videos back then, some minimal real life stuff as well. Nowadays, doing video editing for work, I use Premiere and opted for Cuda since I was on CS5 when I started.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

isnt H.264 CPu only? 

No, it isn't. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I know Cuda does H.264, OpenCL might. But that's what I am going for; Render in H.264, a different codec relying more on your CPU, and see if the colors are better.

I had the same issue when using Vegas ages ago. I think I ended up just bumping up the brightness and slapping a generic "Vibrance" plugin onto it, and it helped, but looked unnatural as you'd expect. This was with RuneScape videos back then, some minimal real life stuff as well. Nowadays, doing video editing for work, I use Premiere and opted for Cuda since I was on CS5 when I started.

But where do I get H.264?

But where do I get H.264?

I just looked it up.

Apologies, it seems you can't render in H.264.

Uhm. I assume you've already messed with various settings.

You said it looks like the raw file when you render with your GPU?

Can you check that settings aren't being unchecked or anything upon selecting your GPU as the rendering device?

I just looked it up.

Apologies, it seems you can't render in H.264.

Uhm. I assume you've already messed with various settings.

You said it looks like the raw file when you render with your GPU?

Can you check that settings aren't being unchecked or anything upon selecting your GPU as the rendering device?

When I render with GPU using either Sony AVC/MVC or MainConcept AVC/AAC using cpu or gpu, The video colour looks way darker when compared the the original file. 

​Pretty much using the same video settings as the windows Media video one.. Not really sure how to change the render video colour settings as they are the same as the other...

I'm guessing it's the codec or something.. :/

Just compensate with a filter. If you're afraid of burning out the whites, just raise mids and shadows only with levels.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.