Evga gtx780 SC ACX / MSI R9 290X Gaming 4G

peterpepo

So guys,
which one of these ?

EVGA GTX780 SC ACX
http://www.alza.sk/evga-geforce-gtx780-superclocked-acx-d433041.htm

MSI R9 290X Gaming 4G
http://www.alza.sk/msi-r9-290x-gaming-4g-d519508.htm

Looking at number - when running stock clocks, AMD is clear winner in performance and price.

But what about OC'ed gtx780 compared to this AMD ?

I am choosing between these two, as they match my future color scheme, but what's more important, they have simmilar pricing.

Super-uber-ton-weighing lightning cards are more expensive than I am willing to spend on GPU, and look ugly IMHO.

So ?
I am not willing to save every extra cent on graphics card, but these hit limit of mine budget and I like them. Now i cannot decide which one to take, which will perform better.

Mantle is not important for me - how many games do support it ? One, maybe two :D ? Neither g-sync, I have 3 months old FS2333, which I am not willing to change. Perfect size imho.

id go with the 290x

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Ok, looking at AMD cards, these two also fits 500 € budget.

ASUS R9290X-DC2-4GD5

http://www.alza.sk/asus-r9290x-dc2-4gd5-d569251.htm

and

ASUS R9290X-DC2OC-4GD5

http://www.alza.sk/asus-r9290x-dc2oc-4gd5-d569246.htm

Which are actually the same, except factory overclock on 10 € pricier OC edition.

So GTX780 or R290X and if 290X - which one of proposed ?

PS: what i Like about nvidia is Shadowplay, which should be easy on resource gameplay recording feature. Does amd has something like this ?

Many thanks.

The newest raptr gaming evolved has something similar to shadowplay.

Don't touch the Asus 290x, it's hit-or-miss as to whether the cooler actually works. MSI is one of the best choices.

290x will blow 780 out of the water in almost every game

I need to add this as well, consider the 290 non X, while 290x is a very strong graphics card, its fps/dollars are not as good as the 290. Also a single r9 290x will struggle to push 1440p at ultra 60+fps (at high yes, not ultra), its kind of in between. so 2 290 will cost £620 and 2 290x will cost £800 ( if u decided to cf in the future)

Guys, I asked it multiple times in multiple forum sections, but I ask it again.
Will 750 W PSU be enough in this setup http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ph6vqs ?

(That are my build thoughts, until now, i was planning GTX780, but benchmarks and "freshness" of 290x makes me lean toward AMD. GTX780 is 1 year old card indeed)

Or should I rather go with 850W or even more ?

I want to it nice and steady, not hitting "red numbers".

Guys, I asked it multiple times in multiple forum sections, but I ask it again.

Will 750 W PSU be enough in this setup http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ph6vqs ?

(That are my build thoughts, until now, i was planning GTX780, but benchmarks and "freshness" of 290x makes me lean toward AMD. GTX780 is 1 year old card indeed)

Or should I rather go with 850W or even more ?

I want to it nice and steady, not hitting "red numbers".

even 650w would be more than enough though, but i wouldnt recommend a 750 coz if u want to do sli in the future then u have no luck. I would get 850, its not that much more may be £40? its worth the risk anyway.

I am definitely going for 290x.

Help me choose which:

Gigabyte Windforce R929XWF3-⁴GD - 430 eur

or

MSI R9 Gaming 290X Gaming 4G - 395 eur

Both are 1000mhz/1040 mhz boost clock/5000 mhz memory

Both fit my case (Obsidian 450d)

Msi has backplate, gigabyte doesn't

35 eur is no difference for me if gigabyte will be better.

I am not going to overclock extremely, if at all. I want card that will run cooloer and quieter.

My final words. No triX, no Vapor.

MSI / Gigabyte, please share your thoughts.

I am definitely going for 290x.

Help me choose which:

Gigabyte Windforce R929XWF3-⁴GD - 430 eur

or

MSI R9 Gaming 290X Gaming 4G - 395 eur

Both are 1000mhz/1040 mhz boost clock/5000 mhz memory

Both fit my case (Obsidian 450d)

Msi has backplate, gigabyte doesn't

35 eur is no difference for me if gigabyte will be better.

I am not going to overclock extremely, if at all. I want card that will run cooloer and quieter.

My final words. No triX, no Vapor.

MSI / Gigabyte, please share your thoughts.

What about PCS+? MSI Gaming is quieter although the temp is quite on the high side. Can fix this with manual fan control but that will increase the noise as well.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

What about PCS+? MSI Gaming is quieter although the temp is quite on the high side. Can fix this with manual fan control but that will increase the noise as well.

PCS is not available in Slovakia at all.

I would like to go with one of these, I have already spent too much time speculating, reading reviews and comparing different brands of gpus  :D

PCS is not available in Slovakia at all.

I would like to go with one of these, I have already spent too much time speculating, reading reviews and comparing different brands of gpus  :D

I see, then just save that 35 eur and get the MSI unless MSI warranty is terrible in you country.  :D

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I see, then just save that 35 eur and get the MSI unless MSI warranty is terrible in you country.   :D

Why should it be terrible about their warranty / what's wrong with MSI ?

Why should it be terrible about their warranty / what's wrong with MSI ?

No idea, just giving advise. You should check your local forum about their warranty service. In my country, Asus warranty is the worst so i try to avoid their card even if it come with 2 years warranty.