OS, BIOS.

frejins1

I'm instaling OS (win 7 or 8) and i want to know do i need to change something in the BIOS before or after instaling? I know about boot menu but i dont know anything else about bios. Or i dont even have to change anything? Sry I'm new to this stuff. :)

Is it a brand new computer that you've just built?

If so, all you have to do is check that your RAM is running at the correct frequency (enable XMP profile) and make sure the SATA mode is set to ACHI.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

If you are installing multiple drives, make sure you only have your OS drive plugged in while installing windows. Also make sure when you plug the rest of the drives in after installing, put them in the correct boot order in the bios. You do not want your PC trying to boot off an empty HDD when your OS is on the SSD :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No actually, But if you are bothered with the compatability check with the Windows compatability tools or just check with the minimum specs requirement, usually later motherboards come with the proper bios & flashing to a new one can be challenging sometimes , & sometimes it can even brick the system if done wrong.

Just install the OS , if you meet the minimunm specs for it. make sure your drivers can support the installing OS . it'll be helpful if you post back your system specs.

Details separate people.