MacBook with Windows 7 problems to boot

Gunzkewl

So I tried to install Windows Loader V2.2.1 Daz on my MacBook with a Windows 7 partition the problem is not letting me boot up to windows 7 :/

post-22983-0-26572100-1404531969.jpg

What can I do???

post-22983-0-26572100-1404531969.jpg

Why use windows loader when OS X has bootcamp pre-installed and is certified to work?

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Why use windows loader when OS X has bootcamp pre-installed and is certified to work?

Do you know how can i fix it? :(( I made a mistake

Do you know how can i fix it? :(( I made a mistake

Seeing as I have never used Windows Loader, there is very little I can say. Based on the message, it looks like something went wrong in the format process. I'm assuming your held down the Option Key once you heard the start up tone and selected the windows 7 partition and that's when you got the error message?

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Seeing as I have never used Windows Loader, there is very little I can say. Based on the message, it looks like something went wrong in the format process. I'm assuming your held down the Option Key once you heard the start up tone and selected the windows 7 partition and that's when you got the error message?

Yes 

As far as i know, Windows loader makes a fake virtual OEM (something) on your motherboard and simulates it before it boots, so using it on a mac would be.... unpredictable.

You probably goofed it, would re-install.

As far as i know, Windows loader makes a fake virtual OEM (something) on your motherboard and simulates it before it boots, so using it on a mac would be.... unpredictable.

You probably goofed it, would re-install.

I think I know how to fix

* Boot up the PC from your Windows repair usb
* Select the command prompt
*Enter  "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force" or "bootsect.exe nt60 ALL /force
* Restart the PC

The only problem how to make the pc to boot to the usb and select that partition of windows?

I think I know how to fix

* Boot up the PC from your Windows repair usb

* Select the command prompt

*Enter "bootsect.exe /nt60 SYS /force" or "bootsect.exe nt60 ALL /force

* Restart the PC

The only problem how to make the pc to boot to the usb and select that partition of windows?

To boot to a flash drive with a Mac you hold down the option key after the start up tone and as long as it's a bootable media it will be listed.

As for finding the correct partition once in Windows, you could use the diskpart application in CMD to get the meta data on the drives and partitions.

To boot to a flash drive with a Mac you hold down the option key after the start up tone and as long as it's a bootable media it will be listed.

As for finding the correct partition once in Windows, you could use the diskpart application in CMD to get the meta data on the drives and partitions.

Windows Loader is a program designed for illegally activating Microsoft Windows. It isnt a bootcamp equivalent. Also, I do know for a fact that it is compatible with Mac hardware and does work. So there is probably something wrong with your windows installation.

I dont know how to boot to usb on my mac can somebody please help me. I need to run the repair usb

are you still can boot to OS X ??

are you already backup your windows data ???

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Why is your partition formatted as FAT? It is supposed to be NTFS.

I dont know how to boot to usb on my mac can somebody please help me. I need to run the repair usb

Use a DVD instead, it's easier.

Why is your partition formatted as FAT? It is supposed to be NTFS.

Use a DVD instead, it's easier.

Partition 0 is Mac OS and the 3 the Recovery for Mac OS. I don't know why is unknown for the Windows partition.

@Gunzkewl Well then the Mac OS partition shouldn't be FAT anyway, it should be HFS+, which is what I would suspect to be partitions 2 and 3.

@Gunzkewl Well then the Mac OS partition shouldn't be FAT anyway, it should be HFS+, which is what I would suspect to be partitions 2 and 3.

You are right..

Well I managed to boot the repair usb and run the bootsect.exe.. after that I was able to boot into windows but I got stuck in startup repair loop. System volume on disk is corrupt. :/ 

I got stuck in startup repair loop. System volume on disk is corrupt. :/ 

I suggest you do a complete reinstall, but first boot into OS X and undo the partitions first, so that you just have the 1 or 2 Mac OS partitions formatted in HFS+ (Mac OS Journaled). Then use Boot Camp to recreate the Windows partitions and reinstall.

I suggest you do a complete reinstall, but first boot into OS X and undo the partitions first, so that you just have the 1 or 2 Mac OS partitions formatted in HFS+ (Mac OS Journaled). Then use Boot Camp to recreate the Windows partitions and reinstall.

I have important files in my windows partition, so I want to recover all. :/..

I have important files in my windows partition, so I want to recover all. :/..

You should still be able to access the files in OS X, just open the Windows partition up.

You should still be able to access the files in OS X, just open the Windows partition up.

I tried that, but the windows partition is not showing up lol

How did you install Windows? Boot Camp or Native EFI Install?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I tried that, but the windows partition is not showing up lol

Can you see it in Disk Utility? I suspect that the Windows partition boot sector has corrupted which is why you can't see it in OS X either.

How did you install Windows? Boot Camp or Native EFI Install?

Boot camp

Can you see it in Disk Utility? I suspect that the Windows partition boot sector has corrupted which is why you can't see it in OS X either.

Not even in disk utility. 

Not even in disk utility. 

At this point I would suggest making a USB drive that can load up linux, in specific GParted: http://gparted.org/download.php

Once booted up you can mount individual partitions. Backup what you need. 

Next I would completely just reinstall windows without bootcamp:

http://gadgetunit.com/2012/12/28/tutorial-install-windows-8-on-a-mac-via-native-efi-video/

http://darobins.wordpress.com/2009/10/04/native-uefi-windows-7-boot-on-mac-mini/

http://blog.thedeltaflyer.com/2013/01/dual-booting-windows-8-and-mountain-lion-natively-using-efi/

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Boot up your computer while holding option and boot into OSX Recovery. From there go to disk utility and verify and repair the disk. (This should allow you to see it in Disk Utility) Reboot, Then use bootcamp to remove that partition/create a new partition to install Windows.