Youtube video problems

nuclear465

So i am having some issues when playing videos on Youtube. Everything is fine when suddenly i open Youtube again, the videos gets weird. The lines that outline objects, persons, letters, well everything, get jagged just like in a game when there is no Anti-Aliasing applied.

The way i found to solve it is by unninstalling Chrome and install it again, but it eventually will start again, at least 2 times a week.

Oh and by the way, it only happens on that browser and only on youtube. I tried on other videos around the web and everything displays fine on 720p (my monitor's native resolution is 1440x900).

Like this:

http://Capturadetela2014-06-29144414_zps09cd685

Do you see the outlines of the white table, they are kind of jagged.

And if i zoom in a little bit on Linus face it's more noticeable, and that's how i see it when on my end when it's on full screen:

http://Untitled_zps7e75ee4c.jpg

So what do you guys think it might be ? someone with a similar problem ?

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: Finally found a solution for the jagged edges:

1. Open a new tab in Chrome.

2. In the address bar, type about:plugins, then press Enter.

3. In the upper-right corner of the window, locate and click the plus sign next to Details.

4. Look for Adobe Flash Player, which on my system was the top entry. Immediately below that, you should see two Shockwave Flash entries. Look at the Location lines for both; you want the one that references PepperFlash. (Again, on my system, this was the first of the two. It looked like this:

C:\Users\Aspire8950\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\ 24.0.1312.52\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll)

5. Once you find that entry, click Disable.

6. Exit Chrome, wait a few seconds for it to fully terminate, and then restart it.

Now your YouTube videos should play much more smoothly. (If you run into playback problems, you may need to reinstall Adobe Shockwave. I didn't encounter this issue, but a few users reported it.)

Source: http://www.techhive.com/article/2025340/how-to-fix-jerky-youtube-video-in-google-chrome.html

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

I've had this for a while.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

So i am having some issues when playing videos on Youtube. Everything is fine when suddenly i open Youtube again, the videos gets weird. The lines that outline objects, persons, letters, well everything, get jagged just like in a game when there is no Anti-Aliasing applied.

The way i found to solve it is by unninstalling Chrome and install it again, but it eventually will start again, at least 2 times a week.

Oh and by the way, it only happens on that browser and only on youtube. I tried on other videos around the web and everything displays fine on 720p (my monitor's native resolution is 1440x900).

Like this:

Do you see the outlines of the white table, they are kind of jagged.

And if i zoom in a little bit on Linus face it's more noticeable, and that's how i see it when on my end when it's on full screen:

So what do you guys think it might be ? someone with a similar problem ?

Thanks in advance

This sounds and looks like a HTML 5 problem. I've had a similar problem on my PC. If you download a Google Chrome plugin that forces Chrome to use Flash then your problem should be solved. If you need a recommendation on what plugins...just ask. ;)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

This sounds and looks like a HTML 5 problem. I've had a similar problem on my PC. If you download a Google Chrome plugin that forces Chrome to use Flash then your problem should be solved. If you need a recommendation on what plugins...just ask. ;)

Ok. So how can i do that ?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

FrankieOnPC adressed it a while back it has something to do with the way youtube encode/decode videos.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Ok. So how can i do that ?

I don't know. :unsure:

EDIT: Joking. Add this to your Google Chrome » https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/magic-actions-for-youtube/abjcfabbhafbcdfjoecdgepllmpfceif «

It's called Magic Actions for YouTube and if you go into it's settings you can tell it to force YouTube to use flash instead of HTML5.

I don't know. :unsure:

EDIT: Joking. Add this to your Google Chrome » https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/magic-actions-for-youtube/abjcfabbhafbcdfjoecdgepllmpfceif «

It's called Magic Actions for YouTube and if you go into it's settings you can tell it to force YouTube to use flash instead of HTML5.

Thanks :) ! But before i saw your response i found this - Disable Youtube™ HTML5 Player - also on google store, and youtube is now forced to use flash instead of html5. But i might give a shot on that Magic Actions, it seems to have some cool features.

Thanks :) ! But before i saw your response i found this - Disable Youtube™ HTML5 Player - also on google store, and youtube is now forced to use flash instead of html5. But i might give a shot on that Magic Actions, it seems to have some cool features.

Ah cool! Yeah, I use that plugin a lot. Tis awesome! :D

:o  linus is not real, he is bunch of pixels. just a computer graphic :(

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

:o  linus is not real, he is bunch of pixels. just a computer graphic :(

Much like yourself? :P

Ah cool! Yeah, I use that plugin a lot. Tis awesome! :D

Hey the same problem just came back !!! The edges are all jagged again even forcing to use Flash !!! Damn

Hey the same problem just came back !!! The edges are all jagged again even forcing to use Flash !!! Damn

Hmm...I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe try another plugin that just forces YouTube to use flash instead of HTML5.

Hmm...I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe try another plugin that just forces YouTube to use flash instead of HTML5.

I already found a fix, the method is described in the OP. Just waiting a couple of more days to see if it happens again.

I already found a fix, the method is described in the OP. Just waiting a couple of more days to see if it happens again.

Okay. Well good luck! :)