Corsair Fan Controller

InfinityHardware

I have the 650D and it has the standard corsair fan controller. I usually leave it on medium, which my H80 stays on also.

I was wondering if anyone knows what RPM each setting is. Like how many RPM's does a fan connected to it run at on the medium setting. I'm using standard Corsair fans, 120mm and 200mm if any of that matters.

Also how many volts the fans run at on each setting.

The fan controller doesn't really control fan rpm, it varies the voltage you feed to your fans, from that the rpm will depend on your fan(s). You will get different rpm at 7v from a 92mm fan and from a 140mm fan

The fan controller doesn't really control fan rpm, it varies the voltage you feed to your fans, from that the rpm will depend on your fan(s). You will get different rpm at 7v from a 92mm fan and from a 140mm fan
Ok then, what volts does each setting use?

from memory it was 12v 10v 8.5v (hi-medium-low) but that is second hand knowledge (ie I haven't tested the output myself) so don't trust it 100%, perhaps ask in the corsair forums

wasnt it 12V 9V 7V ?

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

In that case, what would be the average fan RPM at each of those voltages. More specifically, the standard Corsair fan RPM's at those voltages.

I guess the real question is, can I run my stock corsair fans in the case and on the H80 at the lowest setting 24/7 even when I play games like FarCry 3 or Planetside 2 at max settings?

you overclocking?

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Which CPU are you using?.. depends on that

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I am using and i7-3770K. Overlcoked to 3.7 GHz right now because I am experimenting with the fans.

3.7 GHz isn't too high for that cpu. I would recommend running some temperature software like Core Temp (or something similar) to just see where your thermals lie while you're playing games. If they stay in reasonable range then you should be good, until you start overclocking more than you will want to reassess and adjust accordingly. PS if you can get some new fans for the case ;)

CPU - i7-3930K @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU - EVGA GTX 680 | MOBO - ASUS Sabertooth X79

RAM - 16 GB of Kingston HyperX @ 1600 MHz | SSD - 2 x Intel 520 series 180 GB SSD's (Raid 0)

HDD - WD 1 TB Black | Case - Corsair 600T | PSU - Corsair TX750 | Cooler - Corsair H100 | Sound - ASUS Xonar DGX

Think of it this way, the more cool/cold air in the case the better. I remember Linus saying that having 10+ fans at the lowest RPM is better than 1 high RPM fan.

So, if you have moderate cold air coming into the case, you should be fine.

I think I will try just setting al my fans to low and playing some demanding game just to see what my temps are. What doe you guys think would be a good temp to aim for for my CPU? Also I might get some new fans soon.

If you could keep it around the 50 degree mark I would be fairly happy with that. Considering the clock speed its running at it, shouldn't be much of a problem. Keep in mind lots of games aren't going to be maxing out cpu usage so I doubt thermals will ever be a huge issue.

CPU - i7-3930K @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU - EVGA GTX 680 | MOBO - ASUS Sabertooth X79

RAM - 16 GB of Kingston HyperX @ 1600 MHz | SSD - 2 x Intel 520 series 180 GB SSD's (Raid 0)

HDD - WD 1 TB Black | Case - Corsair 600T | PSU - Corsair TX750 | Cooler - Corsair H100 | Sound - ASUS Xonar DGX