antec 900 mod?

anexcreed

Is this case worth modding for things such as cable management or should i just get a new case

I owned a 900, I hated it.

I modded it so that it actually had cable management, but the metal wasn't powder coated and I didn't want to go to the effort of having it done. I also noticed it had EMI problems due to improper grounding. Any audio device plugged into it would have feedback on it, and it wasn't the soundcard or motherboard. There also aren't any fan filters on it, so my case got very dusty.

Another gripe, the power supply was mounted at the bottom, but had no room to suck up air at the bottom, there simply aren't any holes. So I had to mount mine upside down, it was sucking in the warm air from my graphics, which I wasn't happy about.

So, if it suits your needs, then keep it and mod it, if that's the way to go.

I upgraded to a Fractal Define R4, so much happier for it.

| CPU: Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.26v | GPU: AMD R9 290X @ 1090MHz |

| RAM: 2x4GB Samsung Green @ 2133MHz OC |

| PSU: Corsair RM850 | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | 

I owned a 900, I hated it.

I modded it so that it actually had cable management, but the metal wasn't powder coated and I didn't want to go to the effort of having it done. I also noticed it had EMI problems due to improper grounding. Any audio device plugged into it would have feedback on it, and it wasn't the soundcard or motherboard. There also aren't any fan filters on it, so my case got very dusty.

Another gripe, the power supply was mounted at the bottom, but had no room to suck up air at the bottom, there simply aren't any holes. So I had to mount mine upside down, it was sucking in the warm air from my graphics, which I wasn't happy about.

So, if it suits your needs, then keep it and mod it, if that's the way to go.

I upgraded to a Fractal Define R4, so much happier for it.

The define r4 looks awesome. I got the 900 for free as I was in need for a case with better cooling but it is so awful

In that price point i would get a corsair c70 or coolermaster haf xm. either will have plenty of room for modding and cables.