R9 280x - Asus DirectCUII or Sapphire Vapor-X

Harshith Mohan

I can't select between both of them please help me :)
Which one has a good heat/noise ratio?

and can you also tell me about XFX Double Dissipation R9 280x please.. Which one these 3 is better?

its sapphire vapor-x for sure 

and the xfx is good too it should give you 63-71c at full load 

if i helped you and im right give me best answer ok  ;)

and can you also tell me about XFX Double Dissipation R9 280x please.. Which one these 3 is better?

I have two and they are 3 or 4 off from being sequential and they run phenomenally well.

1180mhz/1500mhz on stock voltage in crossfire. Highest temp was 74 C on the top card.

The vapor-x and DCU2 are both good. However: XFX has done some strange things in the past (replacing the digital VRM's on the reference 7970 with a cheaper analog solution for their DD card, being the worst of it )

So i would recommend looking into that if you want to buy the xfx.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

Asus, because they offer a much better warranty replacement experience, and performance between the two is very similar anyway.

Are you threatening me?!

I can't select between both of them please help me :)

Which one has a good heat/noise ratio?

Vapor x, for sure. I've read alot about xfx having high temps on vrm's. Asus aren't the best ones also even if it's a respectable brand. Afaik, saphire is the brand to go for AMD. It's like EVGA for nvidia.

Vapor x, for sure. I've read alot about xfx having high temps on vrm's. Asus aren't the best ones also even if it's a respectable brand. Afaik, saphire is the brand to go for AMD. It's like EVGA for nvidia.

oh. ok.. Thanks!!

So, all cards perform about the same right?

oh. ok.. Thanks!!

So, all cards perform about the same right?

yes they are all the same card just with deffrint brand but never but a card by amd they heat a lot that is why a lot of people buy sappfire and msi die to that they are overclocked for better proformens and better cooling  

yes they are all the same card just with deffrint brand but never but a card by amd they heat a lot that is why a lot of people buy sappfire and msi die to that they are overclocked for better proformens and better cooling  

My brain died a little trying to read this...

My brain died a little trying to read this...

the important thing is that you get it ;) 

xfx lifetime warranty

tbh, no1 cares about lifetime warranty. What's the point on me being without a pc for 1 month (imagine i don't have IGP), considering that the card heats a bit more than other brands (xfx vrm's in this case)? 2-5 Years of warranty is plenty. By that time i would have upgraded.

Asus has issues with RMAs and the companies that do the RMA in the states for them. Huge thread on Hardforum.

Gigabyte cooler is loud and they will always try to repair something rather then replace it. The same for GPUs and motherboards.

Sappire likes to void warranties for almost nothing and they write you off. Posts in this forum and others

XFX are more flexible and they are turning around in a good way. They released 3 revs in 4 months for their new DD coolers. Longer warranty.

EVGA seems very good on the RMA side and their coolers seem good as well. The issue is their ACX cooler and the fans they used has presented problems for users.

Bottom line none of them are perfect.

tbh, no1 cares about lifetime warranty. What's the point on me being without a pc for 1 month (imagine i don't have IGP), considering that the card heats a bit more than other brands (xfx vrm's in this case)? 2-5 Years of warranty is plenty. By that time i would have upgraded.

I care

I care

xD

Not calling out people who do care but i believe that lifetime warranty on a gpu is kinda derp.