AMD FX-4130

Is this a good deal http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9083393&sku=M69-00069 with ram it's 180 with shiping and tax. or would a lower end non overclock able pentium be better. no matter what i can peice together nothing with a quadcore comes out this cheap or would a dualcore be fine?

I'd sooner go with the Pentium but if you're sticking with AMD you could look into the Athlon II X4 750K/760K though that is FM2 not AM3 I think.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I saw an 8350 for $120 once. So... I'm not so sure. 

Edit: A couple times, actually. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I'd sooner go with the Pentium but if you're sticking with AMD you could look into the Athlon II X4 750K/760K though that is FM2 not AM3 I think.

With motherboard and ram that came about to 210 with shipping/tax. i'd like to stay around 180

I saw an 8350 for $120 once. So... I'm not so sure. 

Edit: A couple times, actually. 

I need ram/motherboard as well. so that would be over 220ish with tax/shipping

With motherboard and ram that came about to 210 with shipping/tax. i'd like to stay around 180

I would personally look into a cheap Gigabyte or Asus Z97 board and get that unlocked Pentium G3258

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Is this a good deal http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9083393&sku=M69-00069 with ram it's 180 with shiping and tax. or would a lower end non overclock able pentium be better. no matter what i can peice together nothing with a quadcore comes out this cheap or would a dualcore be fine?

Wouldn't go with that. If you want an inexpensive 4 core, go with the Athlon II X4. It's only about $100, and you can get really nice performance out of it.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I will get the 760K because its a good comprimise between price/performance, you can play all games with it, but you wont be able to run a livestream of BF4 in 1080p on this cpu ;)

I would personally look into a cheap Gigabyte or Asus Z97 board and get that unlocked Pentium G3258

I would but that WAY over what i have right now. 100 bucks for the MB 75 for the cpu then 40 for the ram + the 20+ dollar tax i cant do that

I will get the 760K because its a good comprimise between price/performance, you can play all games with it, but you wont be able to run a livestream of BF4 in 1080p on this cpu ;)

I don't plan on streaming + i don't really play BF games. well i might play three since i got it for free and right now my cpu won't go over 12 fps in it with a 6670

I don't plan on streaming + i don't really play BF games.

I just mentioned them because they need much power (example)

I just mentioned them because they need much power (example)

Yeah, I figured but i mainly play cs go WoW(iraid25manthatshitrapesyourcpu) and i like to do stuff in the background. right now my cpu is always at 90-100% useage playing wow and cs go

but anyone have links for a good combo for the 760k for ram/mb, i can never get it under 200

I mean for 130 for the cpu AND motherboard that seems like a good deal for a quadcore

Yeah, I figured but i mainly play cs go WoW(iraid25manthatshitrapesyourcpu) and i like to do stuff in the background

i was going to say to get the 760K but intel is really needed here. a haswell pentium rapes amd in those type of games

don`t get fx 4130,its bulldozer

Edited by s3ns3

i was going to say to get the 760K but intel is really needed here. a haswell pentium rapes amd in those type of games

don`t get fx 4130,its bulldozer

hmm from the benchmarks i've been seeing it's not that bad maybe 5 fps behind a sixcore 6300

hmm from the benchmarks i've been seeing it's not that bad maybe 5 fps behind a sixcore 6300

AMD Athlon 760K: 74€

if you have mATX MSI A78M-E45: 50€

ATX Asrock FM2A88X PRO+: 55€

AMD Athlon 760K: 74€

if you have mATX MSI A78M-E45: 50€

ATX Asrock FM2A88X PRO+: 55€

i'm in the us btw

i'm in the us btw

and it would be still in the price segment

I didn't see the included motherboard. My apologies. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Oh wow, I didn't notice how much newegg rapes you in taxs conpair to TD. jeez i'm gonna go with a 760k then

look,a bulldozer chip is worse than previous gen,phenom 2. i hope you get it. however in wow,in 25man raid,you won`t see improvements with amd. any amd.if you only play those type of games like mmos rpgs,get pentium haswell and i mean it. in some the performance is double

Its stupid to get this CPU over the unlocked pentium. Intel just clearly offers you a better value, you're just paying for a cpu with 2008 single core performance nothing more or less

Its stupid to get this CPU over the unlocked pentium. Intel just clearly offers you a better value, you're just paying for a cpu with 2008 single core performance nothing more or less

dat price tho. cheapest z97 board is 100 bucks+80+40+tax+shipping puts me over 60-80 bucks what i have right now.

dat price tho. cheapest z97 board is 100 bucks+80+40+tax+shipping puts me over 60-80 bucks what i have right now.

You don't have to get a Z97 board though.

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($59.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $104.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Your priority is single core performance, a dualcore is all thats needed for WoW anything higher can't make the difference because the game engine is on 2 threads.

You don't have to get a Z97 board though.

CPU: Intel Pentium G3220 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($59.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($44.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $104.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Your priority is single core performance, a dualcore is all thats needed for WoW anything higher can't make the difference because the game engine is on 2 threads.

An extra $10 or so can get you the unlocked Pentium