my gpu fan is messing up

darth_hnni117
Go to solution Solved by JamGorby,

afterburner was closed

If Afterburner is set to control fan speeds on auto it will continue to do so when you exit. It uses Riva Tuner's backbone which still runs as a background process. So it can interfere with any other fan settings made in other programs. 

hi

when i tune my gpu fan to 100% it stays there for a bit and then it goes back to 50% and it it acts like its on auto 

hi

when i tune my gpu fan to 100% it stays there for a bit and then it goes back to 50% and it it acts like its on auto 

Need a little more info. What kind of card and what software are you using to control the fan? 

msi r9 280x twin frozr

i used:msi afterburner/sapphire trixx/amd catalyst

msi r9 280x twin frozr

i used:msi afterburner/sapphire trixx/amd catalyst

Look in the Catalyst Control Center for the Performance tab. Check "enable manual fan control" and "Enable Graphics Overdrive" and hit apply. It's been a while since I've had an AMD card but Overdrive use to have to be turned on there for any other third party apps to have control. Also, try to stick to one program to change these settings as they might all try to fight for control. 

Look in the Catalyst Control Center for the Performance tab. Check "enable manual fan control" and "Enable Graphics Overdrive" and hit apply. It's been a while since I've had an AMD card but Overdrive use to have to be turned on there for any other third party apps to have control. Also, try to stick to one program to change these settings as they might all try to fight for control. 

thanks but it didnt work 

Are you switching the auto setting in afterburner to manual before you try and change the speed?

Are you switching the auto setting in afterburner to manual before you try and change the speed?

afterburner was closed

afterburner was closed

If Afterburner is set to control fan speeds on auto it will continue to do so when you exit. It uses Riva Tuner's backbone which still runs as a background process. So it can interfere with any other fan settings made in other programs.