Making a custom Phone OS?

Lima123

Would it be possible and if so could someone perhaps do it? 

Making an OS takes thousands of people.

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

Evidently it's possible. Phones wouldn't have an OS to run if it wasn't. People can, see the entirety of xda-developers.com. Doubt anyone will do it for you specifically though.

Yes, it's possible, however I doubt it is worth the time. 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

All of my friends run custom Android flavors they designed themselves based off of CyanogenMod, but they add in security and penetration testing features.

If you want to make a phone OS, start with a good C/C++ implementation on that platform and code up from there. You need a bootloader, file system, graphics engine, and user interface among other smaller things to make this happen.

Next, learn ARM assembly language and use it to optimize the pieces of your C code that run inefficiently. Optimize the heck out of it, you want this base of code to be as high performing as possible within reason of good practices. Don't write the entire thing in assembly. That's for masochists and assembly purists. I suggest making your OS UNIX compliant, and try to make sure your OS is as modular as possible. You could be the next big thing, don't give up hope. 

Make it open source, too. You will get much more support from the vibrant open source software community and possibly funding as well if you make your OS good.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /