Noob curious if a console controller exists for the PC

ManBehrPig
Go to solution Solved by I_Got_Lost,

There are drives to use console controller on PC. I know xbox just recently release the xbox1 controller drives. 

http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-on-other-devices/windows/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup

I find the whole keyboard and mouse thing makes my hands cramp so I was wondering if there is a console type controller that can be plugged into my pc and do the same job?  I'm aware of NVidia Shield but I'm looking to use my monitor instead, rather than stream onto a much smaller screen on a portable device. Does this sort of thing exist?

Yes there are plenty.  For one if you already have an xbox or a ps3 controller you can hook those up to your computer, assuming you have windows idk if they both work for mac or linux.  There are also ones made for pc that connect via usb such as this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0U01410780&cm_re=console_controller_for_pc-_-9SIA0U01410780-_-Product, I don't know how well that one works I'm just using it as an example.  My cousin just walking into a store and went to their video game section and found one meant for the ps3 but works with pc.  Good luck on your search!

Don't really care what the brand is. I'm just searching for an alternative to hovering a hand over the wsd buttons and mouse if it even exists.

Xbox 360 controller?

There are drives to use console controller on PC. I know xbox just recently release the xbox1 controller drives. 

http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-on-other-devices/windows/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup

Yes there are plenty.  For one if you already have an xbox or a ps3 controller you can hook those up to your computer, assuming you have windows idk if they both work for mac or linux.  There are also ones made for pc that connect via usb such as this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0U01410780&cm_re=console_controller_for_pc-_-9SIA0U01410780-_-Product, I don't know how well that one works I'm just using it as an example.  My cousin just walking into a store and went to their video game section and found one meant for the ps3 but works with pc.  Good luck on your search!

So all I need to do is plug in my xbox 360 controller? I never thought that would work.  I just assumed it wouldn't do anything.  So I just download the drive and I'm good to go? I also use window 8.1 as my OS if that helps.

You can use Xbox 360 controllers with USB ports using an adapter of some kind (I think, that or no adapter) and a macro program for that. Can't remember the name off of the top of my head but my friend was using it for TES:Online and it was so awesome.

Also heard there'll end up being support for the very overdue and best controller in existence thus far to many: Xbox One controller. PS4 support already exists in some form but I have no idea how.

So yes, there are ways to use very modern console controllers on your pc for gaming or just general control. The problem is that if you're used to a gaming mouse, I highly doubt the DPI/CPI/sensitivity can be changed much for the controllers unless you were using under a 1600x900 display resolution. This mostly applies to the 360 controller but yeah. I've casually used 4400-5000+ DPI settings on panels sometimes 1920x1080 or smaller so I may be an exception :).

So all I need to do is plug in my xbox 360 controller? I never thought that would work.  I just assumed it wouldn't do anything.  So I just download the drive and I'm good to go? I also use window 8.1 as my OS if that helps.

With windows 8.1 it'll definitely work.  Ya you just need to download and install the correct drivers from I_Got_Lost's link and plug into your controller to the usb port on your computer.  Also there are wireless adapters you can buy for xbox controllers so you can use them all wireless and such.

With windows 8.1 it'll definitely work.  Ya you just need to download and install the correct drivers from I_Got_Lost's link and plug into your controller to the usb port on your computer.  Also there are wireless adapters you can buy for xbox controllers so you can use them all wireless and such.

Thank you so much you two!! Not only did you help solve my problem but let me know it won't cost me anything.  FTW!!!!  :)

Bang Bang

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .