What causes disconnects with faster Internet?

Fate

Currently I have Internet through AT&T and originally I was able to get about 18/1 here. This caused a ridiculous amount of disconnects so they dropped it down to 12. This caused fewer disconnects but it was still very annoying so we got it stable at around 5.5/.768.

Does anybody know why the Internet would be stable at 5.5 but not at anything higher than that?

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Huh that's weird could be your router/modem and internet adapter.

Huh that's weird could be your router/modem and internet adapter.

Would there be a way to test this without having someone come out here

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I am so sorry for you.

I had 30/5 when I lived in Cincinnati (Ohio)

My state governor is doing a 100 million dollar project to have amazing internet here in Eastern Kentucky but I'll believe it when I see it. So far I have not seen anything since they said this in January. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I had 30/5 when I lived in Cincinnati (Ohio)

My state governor is doing a 100 million dollar project to have amazing internet here in Eastern Kentucky but I'll believe it when I see it. So far I have not seen anything since they said this in January. 

I have 60/100  but download speeds are throttled after 8:00ish pm.

I should be studying.

I have 3Mbps/1.5Mbps year round. And that's without throttling. With throttling, it feels like a 56K speed.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

That my friend is called noise (interference) over the years copper degrades allowing more noise making more frequent DCs the cheap way of fixing it is by lowering your bandwidth the only way to fix this is if they rip the old copper out and relay with new copper (which would be a complete waste if they were to do that they would lay fiber) but yea theres nothing u can do unfortunately at your old place u would of had cable also known as HFC which is like a fiber copper mixed cable which is why it was faster and more reliable.

That my friend is called noise (interference) over the years copper degrades allowing more noise making more frequent DCs the cheap way of fixing it is by lowering your bandwidth the only way to fix this is if they rip the old copper out and relay with new copper (which would be a complete waste if they were to do that they would lay fiber) but yea theres nothing u can do unfortunately at your old place u would of had cable also known as HFC which is like a fiber copper mixed cable which is why it was faster and more reliable.

Damn :( Thanks for the info

RIP in pepperonis m8s