Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" G-SYNC 144Hz monitor available for pre-order on scan.co.uk for £669

matin94

so we found this on scan.

product is due on the 28th of july. im not sure if thats world wide or just the UK but here it is anyways

2410957-l-a.jpg

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/27-asus-pg278q-rog-swift-monitor-g-sync-144hz-whqd-displayport-2560x1440-350-cd-m2-1ms-2xusb-30-port

personally i think they can go f themselves if they think i'd pay that much for this monitor. thats just not gonna happen for me.

whatcha think guys.

this monitor is over £720 on overclockers.co.uk which takes us to this argument. does it ever matter how much pound is worth over other currencies. if it was to be $800. you convert $800 to pounds which is £464 roughly. put %20 VAT on it. thats £556. so the retailer has put this up by £110 ( i understand there are other business. thats why i wont be buying it. i would have been fine with £550. but there is no way i can afford it, or even if i could, i wouldnt want to spend that much money on that. i know its a 1440p 144hz monitor, but that wont buy me over at that price.

Well the fact that it's 1440p and 144hz almost justifies the high price, which is prtly due to gsync too. Personally I don't care much because I have an amd card and I think freesync will be a better solution as it will be cheaper and won't need any extra adapter or a gpu of a specific brand to work, but if I wanted a vsync monitor and was big into competitive gaming I'd surely consider this.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

that isnt that expensive, its a 1440p 144 HZ monitor, what did you expect?

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

that isnt that expensive, its a 1440p 144 HZ monitor, what did you expect?

i expected £500-550

Finally!!! But after Linus's 1440p 21:9 review, I think I'm over this monitor. 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

I have zero interest in this product. Personally, I think everything in the ROG brand is just overpriced garbage for delusional teenagers who think they'll get some status over it. RAIDR PCIe SSD sucks, ROG motherboards are overpriced, this monitor is overpriced etc. I like ASUS overall, especially their workstation motherboards (which is what a REAL enthusiast would use, that or a Sabertooth) but this ROG stuff is just snake oil.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Definitely targeted at competitive gamers.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

personally i think they can go f themselves if they think i'd pay that much for this monitor. thats just not gonna happen for me.

I am easily paying that amount for this monitor.  In fact, I am likely going to buy 3, but for now, I will just buy 1 to make sure it's what I like.  Also, I presume this monitor will be sold-out or low on quantities, so I am not even likely going to be able to order 3 at one time.

I am easily paying that amount for this monitor.  In fact, I am likely going to buy 3, but for now, I will just buy 1 to make sure it's what I like.  Also, I presume this monitor will be sold-out or low on quantities, so I am not even likely going to be able to order 3 at one time.

No amount or tier of graphics cards will run 3x 1440 in a satisfying way on 144hz. Useless. G-sync helps, but it's still defeating the purpouse of the monitor.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have zero interest in this product. Personally, I think everything in the ROG brand is just overpriced garbage for delusional teenagers who think they'll get some status over it. RAIDR PCIe SSD sucks, ROG motherboards are overpriced, this monitor is overpriced etc. I like ASUS overall, especially their workstation motherboards (which is what a REAL enthusiast would use, that or a Sabertooth) but this ROG stuff is just snake oil.

It's expensive yes, but I wouldn't say "overpriced" considering nobody else has a monitor like this on the market.  

No amount or tier of graphics cards will run 3x 1440 in a satisfying way on 144hz. Useless. G-sync helps, but it's still defeating the purpouse of the monitor.

It takes quad titans and a 3930k @ 5ghz to barely keep 60 fps at 7680x1440, yet people apparently think it's no big deal lol

http://www.overclock.net/t/1415441/7680x1440-benchmarks-plus-2-3-4-way-sli-gk110-scaling

This also shows how stupid people are for recommending 6gb 780s, it takes 4 titans to barely hold 60 FPS at 4-4.5gb of usage, yet people are telling people on these forums to buy SINGLE 780 6gb's for 1440p gaming.  Even with 2 780's you'd be lucky to go over 3gb while having playable FPS, we're talking about 30 FPS here, with $1,000+ worth of graphics cards, and another 300-600$ on a monitor.  Spending that much money and having such a low framerate is bonkers.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It's expensive yes, but I wouldn't say "overpriced" considering nobody else has a monitor like this on the market.  

And that is ultimately what they're preying on. A temporary monopoly to rake in 3x profit margins from early adopters. The first sign of competition will drop prices like a rock. Though I suspect Nvidia is licensing their G-sync module in true mafia style as well.

IMO, it's better to get an IPS panel that will overclock to 90hz and then use half refresh rate adaptive Vsync. 45 FPS is a smooth experience, the colour and contrast is more natural and less fatiguing, and practically every graphics card worth its salt will handle that without a single stutter. 120+ hz does not extend your human limits, if you suck you're going to keep sucking at 120+ hz - you'll just spend more money and have a shittier experience to show for it.

Human twitch gaming performance is equal amounts of reaction, accuracy, unpredictability and prescience/ anticipation. In order of least important to most important. Anticipating angles and trajectories and being a step ahead - mentally - of the otherwise unremarkable guy with the 120+ hz monitor will crush him every time.

I would game on one monitor as I usually do.  The other 2 are nice to match the central one instead of having 3 different monitors on my desk at the same time.

i dont like it, if i was to go with 1440p then 21:9

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Still waiting for dat 1440p Gsync IPS monitor ;-;

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Finally!!! But after Linus's 1440p 21:9 review, I think I'm over this monitor. 

which one was that? im trying to find that review but i cant

Edit, never mind.

btw, i didnt know this was 1440P i thought it was 3840 x 2160

• 3 weeks later...

$1000 here in Aust. Twice the price of the Asus 144Hz 1080 monitor. Sure it's the first of it's kind, but that's still just too much. 1440p is nothing new, 144Hz has been around long enough and the only thing holding them back from coexisting was controller limitations (see the 4K panels that we're recognized as 2 displays, ie Dell's & Asus 32").

If 1080p, 144Hz costs $450, 1440p 144Hz really shouldn't cost more than $750. That leaves a $250 or more premium for G-sync, which is why it'll never take off.