High Cosair h110 temps (38C)

Hey everyone,

Just installed a new H110 in my Cosair C70 case today, I'm wondering why my temps are so high to begin with. I switched from an h80 and right now the performance is below the h80. Configured as an exhaust at the top in a pull configuration. Upgraded all the fans to cougar hdb fans today as well.

OC'd to 4.5ghz and prime95 temps are peaking at 92C.

Even with the clock down to 4.2ghz (which is where I had my H80 at) was still way above where it should be.

Idling right now in between 37-45C.

Any Ideas? Thanks

Corsair Vengeance C70 * Asus P8Z77V-Pro * i5 3570k * Corsiar Vengeance 16gb 1866 * EVGA GTX 780 *

Samsung 840 pro 256gb * Corsiar AX860i

Make sure you mounted it right. Try to re-mount it. Check all your fans are running.

If that doesn't fix it RMA it.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Is it seated properly? Could it be thermal paste?

If not RMA it

hello

Return it and get a h220 :P Nah I'm just kidding (sorta). Like the peeps above said, check your fans and remount the block and see if that fixes it

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Should I try a push configuration? Is there any way to check the actual flow of the fluid without doing anything stupid?

Corsair Vengeance C70 * Asus P8Z77V-Pro * i5 3570k * Corsiar Vengeance 16gb 1866 * EVGA GTX 780 *

Should I try a push configuration? Is there any way to check the actual flow of the fluid without doing anything stupid?

It would make no difference unless you have something completely obstructing the airflow in your rad.

And no real way to check water flow.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

okay, so I reapplied thermal grease and I'm down to 76 peak on prime95. Am I good, or do I still need to work on some things?

4.48 ghz oc

Look up some benchmarks for your CPU. :)

okay, so I reapplied thermal grease and I'm down to 76 peak on prime95. Am I good, or do I still need to work on some things?

4.48 ghz oc

Depending on what CPU you have, those could be ok temps, or dangerous...... What were the max load temps with the H80?

my new peak after 15 min is 85C with the h110 @4.48 ghz

the h80 was peaked at 69C @ 4.2ghz

You need to tell us the voltage. 

Put the CPU down to your old clock settings and then tell us the load temp.

my new peak after 15 min is 85C with the h110 @4.48 ghz

the h80 was peaked at 69C @ 4.2ghz

Ya something is not right at all, you should contact Corsair Support and see what they say.

Already solved

could just be the overclock or the cpu? I pushed it back to 4.2ghz and now i'm peaking at 62C

It's the overclock, you are pushing your voltage too far.

Can anyone give me a good 3570k overclock setting. All I really know how to do is use the auto-tune function from the motherboard.

Can anyone give me a good 3570k overclock setting. All I really know how to do is use the auto-tune function from the motherboard.

Almost every overclock is different in terms of voltages, TTL made a great guide on the basics of overclocking, he has a Gigabyte board in the vid, but its all basically the same.

if the overclock didn't change from one cooler to the other, then a couple

of things.. fans are not 100%, pump has air in it, installation is fouled. since

checking the first time and temps went down, something got pushed correctly.

how was the TIM pattern on the first inspection? what is the pump rpm? fan rpm?

try to rock the case while the pump is running to work out any residual air trapped

in the pump. gently, some have reported laying the case on its back and running

the system helps work out air pockets.

airdeano