so i was reading

FireofDestruction

I  was looking on the manufacturer's website on the sapphire tri-x 290 and then i saw this "750 Watt Power Supply is required" yet pcpartpicker is saying a TDP of like 486 watts(in total) i'm super confused here what should i do got with a beefier power supply or ingore what the manufacturers website said....HELP please (currently going with a 650 watt power supply because not all the power converted is actually used)

What do you mean by

not all the power converted is actually used)

?

They recommend 750w because Joe is going to connect it to his 600w turd PSU and blow everything up then demand an RMA.

A 650w PSU will be fine (assuming decent quality)

Error: 410

The 750w requirement is just to cover the manufacturer in case something goes bad. As long as you have a decent power supply 650w is more than enough for a single card.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

What do you mean by

?

They recommend 750w because Joe is going to connect it to his 600w turd PSU and blow everything up then demand an RMA.

A 650w PSU will be fine (assuming decent quality)

what i mean is 650 x .80= 520 which gives an 80% efficiency  and the power supply i'm getting is a cosair cs650m so i should technically be just fine phew 

what i mean is 650 x .80= 520 which gives an 80% efficiency  and the power supply i'm getting is a cosair cs650m so i should technically be just fine phew 

no, you have it the wrong way.

650w @ 80% efficiency yields 650w usable power (perfect scenario) and draws 650/.8 = 812w from the wall.

Error: 410

650w @ 80% efficiency yields 650w usable power (perfect scenario) and draws 650/.8 = 812w from the wall.

I was just going to say this

a lot of people get this wrong sadly.. probably the reason a lot of people recommend overkill psus

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

terribly confused but ok thanks for well clearing up my problem...now to go get my facts straightened out herp da derp

I  was looking on the manufacturer's website on the sapphire tri-x 290 and then i saw this "750 Watt Power Supply is required" yet pcpartpicker is saying a TDP of like 486 watts(in total) i'm super confused here what should i do got with a beefier power supply or ingore what the manufacturers website said....HELP please (currently going with a 650 watt power supply because not all the power converted is actually used)

I ran a 290 on a 6 year old Antec 500w PSU with 0 problems. (I don't really reccomend it) But, you're fine with a quality 550w PSU. At full load with the 4770k I never pull more than ~430 from the wall. Note this is not accounting for PSU efficiency so my hardware is actually drawing less. 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky