Can it fits?

Go to solution Solved by Fate,

Pcpartpicker shows compatibility, you may want to get a second opinion though. H100i is the best.

Source: https://pcpartpicker.com/parts/case/?compatible_with=corsair-cpu-cooler-h100i

Hi!

I'm wondering if the Corsair H100 or the H100i would fit in Corsair Carbide 200R, on the top of the case ofc with the ROG Maximus VI Hero and NO low-profile DDR3 memory?

And since we are in the topic, wich one is the best to have, H80i, H100 or the H100i? :)

Thanks for the time!

I personal always had problems with corsair coolers with the pump noise so I switched out to air cooling and the NH-D15  by Noctua is really compatible with any case and RAM. 

@Eckron

not without re-drilling new holes in the roof for the H100i.

because of the original mounts are "inline" the MOSFET 'sink will interfere with the

rad/fan installed. next will be the RAM clips.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1144409/h80-h80i-h90-h100-h100i-h110-case-compatibility-thread-page-1-for-full-listings/930_30#post_20446490

f3f5786f_IMG_20130720_143234_710.jpeg

0b0f03db_IMG_20130720_143022_509.jpeg

@airdeano

So it's more recommended for this case at least to buy an H80i and some good and silent fans for that one instead of doing stuff with the case?

Cuz I'm not really that into modding I just screw things up.. :P

@Eckron

you'd actually fare better with an air cooler of the mid-high end more so than the H80i

in cost and performance. i've got my 8350 in a 200r now with the H80i and without

more fans (for quiet/less thermals) and  the NH-D14 won't fit and the CM 212 'sink

orientation was 90° wrong, the Prolimatech Black Megahalems worked out just fine.

for any Intel socket, the air cooler would be a better benefit.

the H80i is 13° warmer in push/pull than the H100i with a single fans set. that is a huge

difference.

do you already have the 200R case? if not, consider the fractal design arc midi R2.

a bit more in cost, but well worth the airflow and H100i mounting is a breeze.

@airdeano

I dont really lift so I need the loss of weight in the 200R (6kgs) which is 3kgs less than the R2.. I'm goint to fit in the GTX 780ti too, maybe even two of them in the future, and my parents are divorced so I move between them all the time (thats why I need to lift).

So then off topic which is the best air cooler you can fit within the 200R?

@Eckron

the 200R can take some abuse, but due to its lightweight construction will prolly

become difficult later in use. the R2 is a lot more rigid and can take a lick better than

the 200R. being lighter has its advantages, but long term can be disadvantageous.

for a CPU cooler and portable, the CM 212 series would be the best fit.

GPU needs to be a blower (reference style) as the ventilation is near OK, without

spending more money on fans. the non-reference GPU coolers spill the hot air back

into the case and the 200R front intake restriction does limit your cooling potential.

the 200R does have side mounted fan positions, fan choice would be critical as to

egt best air flow it will be a noisy path.

@airdeano

But If I put fans on top that blow air out, fans on side door that blows air in to my graphics cards, another fan at the drive cages (i think theres one there), have a CM 212 cooler for my CPU and a fan at the MB I/O that blows air out?

How would that work?

EDIT:

The graphics card/s I'm aiming for is Asus GTX 780ti DC2OC

@Eckron

depending on GPU used (reference or non-reference) will determine door fan chore.

honestly, i'd make all intake and run that with some monitoring and find out what your

hardware is needing or can use. cooler intake air for the CPU is always best scenario.

if using the DCUII, then the side panel needs to be exhaust. it'll pull the hot air out,

instead of blowing it back into the GPU and case area.

So at the back of the case I can put an intake fan for the CPU cooler, the door'll have 2 exhaust fans and the top I think I'll keep exhaust cuz heat rises so it'll help the heat to get out?