How to individual cable sleeve forking PCIE madness

PSenapus

Hello

I have a problem: how do I sleeve forking pcie cables?

I have an antec TP-750C power supply and this psu has 6 pcie connectors. All the cables are hard wired.
3 cables come out from the psu, each cable has 2 pcie 6+2 connectors.
the cables fork to 1x 6pin connector + 1x2pin connector and then come back out of these to power a second pair of connectors.
How do I sleeve such cables?
I was planning to sleeve each cable 1 by one, because these wires are stealth and I am most certainly screwing things up if I were to remove them all at once. Is it even possible in this case? I'm confused.

I can't take a picture, I'm linking a picture from techpowerup
cables3.jpg

"Gerard if you're watching I'll see you at the usual spot in 10 minutes, if you know what I mean." Linus Sebastian, 2014.

@'br4dz-

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Very good question i would like to know how too

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

The cleanest way to sleeve these kinds of cables without cutting anything, would be to use heatshrink instead of going heatshrinkless for the 1st PCI-E cable before it splits off to the 2nd connector and then choose whether or not to go heatshrinkless with the extended cable or just keep it heatsrinked look as well. The best way though,If you are only using one GPU or even dual GPU's and the PSU comes with 6 PCI-E cables, you can cut the cable that is extending off the first cable for a very nice clean heatshrinkless look all the way around.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

The cleanest way to sleeve these kinds of cables without cutting anything, would be to use heatshrink instead of going heatshrinkless for the 1st PCI-E cable before it splits off to the 2nd connector and then choose whether or not to go heatshrinkless with the extended cable or just keep it heatsrinked look as well. The best way though,If you are only using one GPU or even dual GPU's and the PSU comes with 6 PCI-E cables, you can cut the cable that is extending off the first cable for a very nice clean heatshrinkless look all the way around.

That is super nice to read from a reputable person like you.

I wasn't aware that heatshrinkless sleeving could be possible in this situation. That is great to know!

Do you perhaps happen to have any heatshrinkless example of forked cables to show me or any extra hint to give me to do this?

I'm worried the thickness of the 2 cables and sleeving is too large to fit "deep" in the connector, or that the un-sleeved cable will be visible.

"Gerard if you're watching I'll see you at the usual spot in 10 minutes, if you know what I mean." Linus Sebastian, 2014.

That is super nice to read from a reputable person like you.

I wasn't aware that heatshrinkless sleeving could be possible in this situation. That is great to know!

Do you perhaps happen to have any heatshrinkless example of forked cables to show me or any extra hint to give me to do this?

I'm worried the thickness of the 2 cables and sleeving is too large to fit "deep" in the connector, or that the un-sleeved cable will be visible.

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment :)

And unfortunately I do not have a picture that I could show. Most every customer I've had has wanted it cut instead. And for the very few people I have done, I never took pictures. (which now I will)

But I can explain how I did it for you:

-I took both wires out sleeved them both (try to sleeve them just a bit short of the terminal so when you pull the sleeving tight, it will then reach the terminal and keep the sleeving tight), and ring it taught up to the terminals edge;

-hold both sleeved wires in place, tightly so the sleeving doesn't try to move back;

-and put the heat shrink on (stretch it a little with pliers to help it go over better, I evenly stretch it on both sides and do it slowly so the heat shrink doesn't tear, and cut it about 1/2 an inch long. You'll place one edge of the heat shrink where the first crimp is on the terminal and flame it tight.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment :)

And unfortunately I do not have a picture that I could show. Most every customer I've had has wanted it cut instead. And for the very few people I have done, I never took pictures. (which now I will)

But I can explain how I did it for you:

-I took both wires out sleeved them both (try to sleeve them just a bit short of the terminal so when you pull the sleeving tight, it will then reach the terminal and keep the sleeving tight), and ring it taught up to the terminals edge;

-hold both sleeved wires in place, tightly so the sleeving doesn't try to move back;

-and put the heat shrink on (stretch it a little with pliers to help it go over better, I evenly stretch it on both sides and do it slowly so the heat shrink doesn't tear, and cut it about 1/2 an inch long. You'll place one edge of the heat shrink where the first crimp is on the terminal and flame it tight.

Thank you.

Would you go heatshrinkless or is it potentially... harder to make it look good?

If you have the PCI-e plugs available on the psu, it is more aesthetically pleasing to remove the 6 pin extension and run two separate power cables to your gpu.

And a lot easier to sleeve nicely :)

Thank you.

Would you go heatshrinkless or is it potentially... harder to make it look good?

Your welcome, also I apologize for being a little late on the response back.

With doing split wires, it looks better with heatshrink, mainly because if you do it heatshrinkless which it is possible to do , when you stick the dual wire in the connector, no mater how hard you try you will always get a little bit of the melted part of the sleeve showing. With two peaces of sleeving going into one connector, it becomes to thick to avoid that issue.

If you have the PCI-e plugs available on the psu, it is more aesthetically pleasing to remove the 6 pin extension and run two separate power cables to your gpu.

And a lot easier to sleeve nicely :)

Okay, I understand that, but I don't want to remove the split.