Nvidia And Adobe Presents Hardware 2D Acceleration graphics with Adobe Illustartor

GoodBytes

Nvidia developed Hardware 2D Acceleration, and  have been working closely with Adobe to bring it to life with Adobe Illustrator.

PostAdobeCC2014_WEB_KV_940x300-A.png

Nvidia reveals this news in their blog.

Adobe Illustrator CC is an amazing tool. It can be used to create beautiful vector art for print, web and even video productions.  But growing display resolutions and complex designs can drain performance, causing choppy response times as designers interact with their art.

It’s enough to overwhelm even the fastest CPU.  And as an artist, the last thing you want is for your hardware to get in the way of your creativity.

Now, for the first time, you can use NVIDIA GPU acceleration for smooth interactive performance at even the highest resolutions and with the most complex designs.

A new GPU Performance feature in the latest update to Illustrator CC speeds up the entire canvas by over 10x, letting artists pan and zoom seamlessly in real time, regardless of image size, feature mix or display resolution.

To enjoy this added performance that you will receive, you need a supported Nvidia Quadro graphics card, with the latest version of Adobe Illustrator CC.

In Adobe Illustrator CC, if you work with RGB colors, it will be enabled by default. If not, go in the preference of the program, and under experimental, you'll have the option to enable it.

Source: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/06/23/two-steps-adobe-illustrator-cc/

Yeah I saw that. It's with Cuda though so I'm not interested. I prefer open standards like OpenCL.

First Nvidia should recognise the value of open standards and redesign their architecture a bit for better OpenCL support.

This is actually 2 day old news to me, this is the first post?

This is first news. Many news said here aren't mentioned on time, as the site they get the news got it 1 or more days after.

Performance wise, they are OpenCL and CUDA are similar. CUDA has a its strengths over OpenCL, and is moving at faster paste in development as it doesn't need to try to convince everyone part of OpenCL group on something, and have everyone agree upon. This is similar to the early days of DirectX when Microsoft was very activity working on it, and didn't slow down to externally slow paste allowing OpenGL to catch up.