Expected temperatures

Hi guys,

I've setup my custom watercooling loop, which consists of an xspc raystorm CPU block, Laing D5 vario pump, dual bay res, 1x 280mm(alphacool UT60) and 1x420mm (alphacool xt45) rads.

Using 3/8 5/8 primoflex advanced LRT as tubing, arctic mx-4 as thermal paste.

Im just cooling my 2500k atm but i still get 60 degrees C at my 4.4Ghz overclock (125w approx.) running prime95. Fans run at 1200rpm.

Pump is running at 60% speeds, cooling liquid is just distilled water with a kill coil in the res.

Am I just being too optimistic about the temperatures or has something gone wrong with the mounts?

Any Ideas on how to improve the situation or can someone tell me that my brain is at fault?

cheers,

Rik

Welp

I guess the pump comes behind the res in the loop?

Did you try reaplying the CPU block with the adequate ammount of thermal compound?

What were the temps when you were aircooling? Did you have a air cooler before?

who cares...

same temps at aircooling before the watercooling setup. its was a Scythe mugen rev.2 B.
loop at the moment goes res-pump-rad-cpu-rad-res.

Welp

Hi guys,

I've setup my custom watercooling loop, which consists of an xspc raystorm CPU block, Laing D5 vario pump, dual bay res, 1x 280mm(alphacool UT60) and 1x420mm (alphacool xt45) rads.

Using 3/8 5/8 primoflex advanced LRT as tubing, arctic mx-4 as thermal paste.

Im just cooling my 2500k atm but i still get 60 degrees C at my 4.4Ghz overclock (125w approx.) running prime95. Fans run at 1200rpm.

Pump is running at 60% speeds, cooling liquid is just distilled water with a kill coil in the res.

Am I just being too optimistic about the temperatures or has something gone wrong with the mounts?

Any Ideas on how to improve the situation or can someone tell me that my brain is at fault?

cheers,

Rik

What are your real world temps? 60 degrees Celsius is good for Prime 95 but you have a lot of rad surface area for cooling 1 CPU so you should have better temps. What fans are you using? You could try reapplying the thermal paste and waterblock. Running your pump at higher rpm, better fans depending on what you have now.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

What are your real world temps? 60 degrees Celsius is good for Prime 95 but you have a lot of rad surface area for cooling 1 CPU so you should have better temps. What fans are you using? You could try reapplying the thermal paste and waterblock. Running your pump at higher rpm, better fans depending on what you have now.

I'm using 5x Phanteks PH-F140SP fans atm 140mm, 1200 RPM, 82.1 CFM, 1.33 mm H2O pressure.

Will give a check up on real world temperatures under load (Arma 3)

Welp

Real world temp at 1250RPM is 47 degrees Celsius.

Should I just try to remount the block or is this something that sounds about right?

Welp

Real world temp at 1250RPM is 47 degrees Celsius.

Should I just try to remount the block or is this something that sounds about right?

See, 47 degrees Celsius is more like it for real world temps. I would be happy with those temps. You could try cleaning off the old thermal paste, putting a fresh dab of thermal paste and reseating your waterblock to shave a few more degrees off. Your fans are good for low fpi rads like the ones you have. Running your pump at a higher rpm could help too.  Remember that ambient temps play a big role too. If your ambient temps are 30 degrees Celsius, you can't expect to go below that. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie.