What's in your Computer/computer repair bag

Bansh33

What's in your Computer/computer repair bag for on the go purposes? i am going through mine and chucking things i dont really need. kinda hard when your like well i could use that pencil knife somewhere! i know linus made a vid a few months back about this and have been meaning to clean mine out!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

I carry a USB stick with MBAM and a few other apps with me almost everywhere. My policy is if I can't fix it with that or my own two hands, I'm charging you money.

I carry a USB stick with MBAM and a few other apps with me almost everywhere. My policy is if I can't fix it with that or my own two hands, I'm charging you money.

i like it!!!!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

As much as I prefer that people bring me their hardware to maintain/repair, sometimes I have to go to their homes.

When I do so I always make sure to pack phillips screw drivers, cable ties/wraps, torx screw drivers and a test psu. For some special occasions I bring some fittings and tubes for maintenance of watercooled PCs.

And last but not least I always carry an air can with me, because many people struggle with lots of dust and dirt.

GreetZ Naj

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

It used to be a USB drive with things like Malwarebytes, avast, ccleaner, etc., but then I lost it. I want to get two new ones. One for storage, and an other with ubuntu  on it.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

1x Cheap set of precision screwdrivers (Obvious)

1x Cable punch (For connecting CAT5/6 to a wall plate)

1x Pair of needle nose pliers (Useful for reaching cables in the wall for example)

1x Good set of side cutters (Cutting cables to length, its much smoother than using the cutter on the pliers)

2x Rolls of electrical tape (Temp patch work on a cable until it can be replaced, temp tie something back, also a great band-aid)

1x 2m Ethernet cable (Testing purposes)

1x Pack of cable ties (Hold stuff back all neat and tidy out of the way of the fan blades)

1x Nail scissors (Cutting cable ties, nice and small, gets into tight spots)

2x Guitar picks (Used for opening the plastic cases on electronics that are not held together by screws, you can push the tabs back so it comes apart without scratching up the case. Basically its a easier to source version of this https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Plastic-Opening-Tools/IF145-000 )

1x 16gb USB drive with useful stuff (Malwarebytes, AVG, HWMonitor, CrystalDiskInfo, Some burn-in fixer thingy, manuals, etc)

2x SATA cables (Testing purposes)

1x IDE Cable (Testing purposes)

1x CD folder full of Operating Systems

1x Nexus 7 (A working device to google something or take notes or play with while you wait for something else to complete)

my repair kit usually consists of grabbing noting on the way out the door other then maybe a flash drive.

I keep a rambler swiss army knife in my pocket and that has a phillips screwdriver, wire stripper, flat-head screwdriver, knife, scissors 

small zip ties in my wallet,

flash light in pocket,

and a cell phone with internet access with a usb cable in the car if needed to transfer files

I don't normally grab anything unless i have an idea of what the problem is that i will be trying to fix

Portable USB HDD

3x Cat6 cables + 1 crossover cable

Micro USB cable

USB A to B cable

5x USB Drives (bootable usb's [Win8 x64, Win7 x86, Win7 x64 and Ubuntu Live CD]  and one encrypted with ISO's / Softwares and sensitive data)

Pocket flash light

Pocket screw driver

Pocket knife

USB to Serial

USB to Ethernet

USB 2.0 Hub

USB 3.0 Hub w/ Gb Ethernet port

AAA Batteries (for flashlight)

HDMI cable

VGA Cable

Mini-DP to HDMI, DVI & DP
DVI to HDMI

MicroHDMI to HDMI Adapter

MicroUSB to HDMI Adapter (MHL Adapter)

MicroUSB to USB

USB Wireless adapter

USB 3.0 Cable

Apple charging cable

Portable Speaker

CIsco console port to serial cable

Earbuds

Surface Pro Tablet

Notebook

Pen and sharpie

Granola bars

"Have you tried forcing an unexpected reboot?"

-- Maurice Moss

Honest to god, screwdrivers, various wire clippers/wire crimpers, and a hammer.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

USB with HirensBootCD

IDE/SATA to USB Adapter

Screw-Driver set

Various amount of Cables (Ethernet, VGA with DVI Adapter, AC Cabled, etc...)

I don't make house calls. Instead I have the person drop their system off at my house and I just fix it here. That way I have access to everything I need without having to think about what I need. Depending on the task I may or may not charge them for it. Then they pick it up when I'm done.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

a phillips

i7-3770K @ 4.5GHz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3 1866 @ CL9, ASUS GTX 780, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, WD Black 1TB x 2, EVGA SuperNOVA G2 850W, BenQ XL2420TE 24" 144Hz @ 1080p, CM Nepton 280L, Noctua Industrial IP67 2000RPM 140mm PWM Fan x 6