Network and service problems

Trippyginger

I honestly don't know where to start but I guess it doesn't really matter. I recently drove to my grandparents house(still here) and once down here my phone has stayed in roaming.(I have GS4 quadcore and I pay for full coverage it also has Cyanogenmod 11 installed) My phone worked fine but it has stayed in roaming but every few hours or so it would go through a fit and not send messages for like two or three minutes, in my head I was thinking that since I am roaming it could do this. But today during the middle of the day my phone completely stopped doing anything, I have full roaming bars but when I call someone it says your phone needs to be activated. My sister which is on the same plan works just fine without the roaming and she keeps a 3g connection the whole time. I tried taking the sim card out and remounting it but that did not help at all. I have made sure my mobile data is on and I have made sure that my data has been enabled along with roaming data. My preferred network type is CDMA+LTE/EVDO( if you could tell me what this bullshit is that would also be helpful) I have tried rebooting and taking out the battery that did nothing I even went through the hassle of resetting it back to factory default but it is still the same. I don't know what to do and if you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated, I am going to call up US Cellular tomorrow and see whats up until then I want to see if I can get it to work.