Not even ethernet

Go to solution Solved by Mappski,

Right click the driver, then click properties and go to the details tab. From the drop-down, select "Hardware IDs" and make a not of the 4 characters after "Ven_" and after "Dev_". After you have done this go to www.pcidatabase.com/ and type in the four "ven_" digits in the vendor search box. Once you have found the vendor, you can do a ctrl + f on the page with the other four digits and if it is listed in the database it will tell you the model of the adapter. There is normally a link to the download page for drivers...

So i'm stuck here with a laptop downgraded from win 8 to 7 and windows wont recognize the wireless nether ethernet

while installing win 8 i got instant wireless feedback but i had problems installing gpu drivers

post-18973-0-47210400-1403390243_thumb.j

Any help much appreciated :)

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Download the drivers from the manufacturers website, you should just be able to look up the laptop's name and find it. Install all the drivers and you should be good to go, Windows update doesn't always find the drivers so sometimes you have to do it manually.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Install the chipset driver first then all other drivers. (after the above advice is taken)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Download the drivers from the manufacturers website, you should just be able to look up the laptop's name and find it. Install all the drivers and you should be good to go, Windows update doesn't always find the drivers so sometimes you have to do it manually.

Install the chipset driver first then all other drivers. (after the above advice is taken)

the laptop has no model name anywere but i found a similar one  but the only thing i get from that is the cpu and gpu.How am i supposed to view the wireless ''card'' and motherboard model.. if only i could find a driver for the ethernet..

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Assuming you know the manufacturer go to their website find a model that matches the specs if for some horrrific reason it doesn't have a manufacturer badge or similar Take a photo of the lapotop use Google image search to hopefully find a similar image of it on a vendors website, double check that against the specifications. Then get the drivers, Assuming you've done the downgrade from 8 yourself it must be a fairly recent laptop do you not have any of the paperwork it came with? (warranty information/manual etc) 

the laptop has no model name anywere but i found a similar one  but the only thing i get from that is the cpu and gpu.How am i supposed to view the wireless ''card'' and motherboard model.. if only i could find a driver for the ethernet..

Really? It doesn't have any labels on the bottom with any sort of company name or model number?

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Assuming you know the manufacturer go to their website find a model that matches the specs if for some horrrific reason it doesn't have a manufacturer badge or similar Take a photo of the lapotop use Google image search to hopefully find a similar image of it on a vendors website, double check that against the specifications. Then get the drivers, Assuming you've done the downgrade from 8 yourself it must be a fairly recent laptop do you not have any of the paperwork it came with? (warranty information/manual etc) 

Really? It doesn't have any labels on the bottom with any sort of company name or model number?

under the laptop there are only the model number and a win 7 key(if anybody wants the key let me know) . Other than that i can find similar laptops same brand but that gets me nowhere as i need drivers for the ethernet to work .. ill keep seartchin 

This is basically the same with slightly diferent cpu/gpu  i think you can use translate http://www.plaisio.gr/laptop-tablet/laptop-notebook/laptop-multimedia/Turbo-X-Blade-GT-i525-450.htm

Right click the driver, then click properties and go to the details tab. From the drop-down, select "Hardware IDs" and make a not of the 4 characters after "Ven_" and after "Dev_". After you have done this go to www.pcidatabase.com/ and type in the four "ven_" digits in the vendor search box. Once you have found the vendor, you can do a ctrl + f on the page with the other four digits and if it is listed in the database it will tell you the model of the adapter. There is normally a link to the download page for drivers...

well that's a nice trick to know but still i cant get a driver to work (i cant download form original site eather) the only divice that matches the VEN is an ATHEROS L1 witch drivers give me the massage that it cant find ethernet controller on the system :huh: <_<

FFFFinally i've had a driver for the WIRELESS to work i dont give a damn about the ethernet.. :)

anyway thanks for the help!!

Good Stuff, well done. Run windows update, it might find the other drivers.