Why cant developers get rid of "Very High" in game settings (stick with a consistent max)

Razor512

While not a huge issue, it is one of the most annoying aspects of game settings. Some options top out at High, while other top out at Very High. The problem with this is that you never know ones will have which limit, and thus you end up with a setting on high, and then clicking to increase it again, and ending up with it on low again. Overall, it is stupid and annoying, why not just settle on a single type of max setting?

You really expect every single developing team to come together and agree on something like that? Esecially when it is something that small

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

Some prefer to just call it ultra.

Diamond 5 in League :)

well, its only problem for people with high end pcs :P the only reason i could think of, is that the very high would bring performance down alot more than there would be benefit, so its only meant for best machines. so most intensive settings get very high or ultra or whatever is max setting

since you use preset settings like low mid high and ultra/max/veryhigh some just stay the same, but other can go further

Very low, low, normal, high, very high, ultra

Seems like how it should go, or add an "insane" after ultra.

well thats the point, ultra is "insane" :D

You really expect every single developing team to come together and agree on something like that? Esecially when it is something that small

Yeah they do as they please...

off topic: i want a never ending pizza too...  :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Some prefer to just call it ultra.

Do you do any drugs?

Song Of The Day: Nujabes - Battlecry

I mainly just want to have a definite maximum, it is hard to tell when a game is using High as the highest available setting or Very High, or Ultra as the highest, this means that you are likely to continue clicking to see if there are any higher settings (after which if you were already on the highest, it will drop back to low) (At least use a word like maximum or something. (with most games, you simply do not know if something it at the highest setting until it loops back to low)

When a game provides no indication of what the limit is, it gets annoying.

If there can be an agreed upon limit, e.g., have everyone settle on Very High for the mac setting for each option, or ultra, or maximum, or High (to clarify, there is no need to reduce the max graphical setting, I just want a standard setting that represents high that way when messing with the options, a user can be certain that if everything is set to high or very high (whatever is agreed upon), that those settings are maxed out

Instead of as it is today where some settings can go up to Ultra while others only go up to high or very high. (the lack of consistency is the issue)

I hate when they toss a "Very High" mixed in when the rest of the settings are high. Or just give me a button that turns everything to max.

I like Tiny and Bigs: Grandpas leftovers video settings lol

They have  

post-8302-0-83786600-1403417805.png

#firstworldproblems

I'd leave a facepalm meme but honestly it has annoyed me before too :P

Very low, low, normal, high, very high, ultra

Seems like how it should go, or add an "insane" after ultra.

I would love to see an insane setting. I would want it to change all the textures to 4k or higher.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..