Best Book for learning C++

Cs342

Hi guys,

I'm a complete beginner to programming and want to start learning this summer. I heard that C++ is one of the most widely used languages and is also used in video game design, so I want to start with that. Does anyone know the most interesting books I can buy to teach myself C++ programming? Preferably not a boring, textbook-y type of book that makes me fall asleep while reading it lol

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Hi guys,

I'm a complete beginner to programming and want to start learning this summer. I heard that C++ is one of the most widely used languages and is also used in video game design, so I want to start with that. Does anyone know the most interesting books I can buy to teach myself C++ programming? Preferably not a boring, textbook-y type of book that makes me fall asleep while reading it lol

Do you have any programming experience? Do you know any other programming language? If not start with Python. You will be able to understand Programing Concepts more easily and learn C++ faster when you get to it. You can start at Codeacademy.

I've heard wonders of Accelerated C++, by Koenig and Moo. Never read it personally, but supposedly it takes a fresh and quality approach to learning programming. I recommend you don't rush your learning though, try to grasp the most important aspects and exercise your programming mindset well before trying to do any serious projects.

Want to solve problems? Check this out.