Reading card reviews can make you crazy

So finally decided to get another graphics card (had a 750 ti previously) and am planning on upgrading slightly to a r9 270 with plans of a slight overclock. Like everyone else i wanted to reduce the chances of a DOA so i started reading reviews, and i read and read and read.....been at it for a couple days. And i gotta say this shit can make a buyer paranoid as hell, first choice was sapphire but didn't like the listed fan speeds under load, then is was MSI which had good fan speed but an issue of oil leaking from their fans, then it was powercolor which seems nice, nice cooler and aesthetics but i find the bracket a bit ugly and lastly was XFX which was plain to look at but of all had the least negative reviews. All that isn't even considering the professional reviews which are sometimes conflicting as hell ( one reviewer compared a 270 to a 750 ti) and the 270 was supposedly overclocked. So what am i taking away from all this...........NOT MUCH, cept that the r9 270 is still the card i want despite what anyone says, still gonna overclock and i wish manufactures had a way test functionality at least a little to reduce DOAs.

Gonna be ordering soon and going to cross my fingers and pray to Tech God that my card is a good one. Amen

So finally decided to get another graphics card (had a 750 ti previously) and am planning on upgrading slightly to a r9 270 with plans of a slight overclock. Like everyone else i wanted to reduce the chances of a DOA so i started reading reviews, and i read and read and read.....been at it for a couple days. And i gotta say this shit can make a buyer paranoid as hell, first choice was sapphire but didn't like the listed fan speeds under load, then is was MSI which had good fan speed but an issue of oil leaking from their fans, then it was powercolor which seems nice, nice cooler and aesthetics but i find the bracket a bit ugly and lastly was XFX which was plain to look at but of all had the least negative reviews. All that isn't even considering the professional reviews which are sometimes conflicting as hell ( one reviewer compared a 270 to a 750 ti) and the 270 was supposedly overclocked. So what am i taking away from all this...........NOT MUCH, cept that the r9 270 is still the card i want despite what anyone says, still gonna overclock and i wish manufactures had a way test functionality at least a little to reduce DOAs.

Gonna be ordering soon and going to cross my fingers and pray to Tech God that my card is a good one. Amen

powercolor

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Yeah tell me about it, two hours into reviews & still you don't know what to buy.. it's like..

9349649.gif

Details separate people.

people will be more incline to make a review when theyve had bad experience with a company, and the more a company sells the more bad reviews

you see, this is why XFX has the least bad review, because they sell less then MSI, which because of that has more negative reviews.

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

powercolor

I heard about you :lol: .......incidentally thats what i think i might be going with

people will be more incline to make a review when theyve had bad experience with a company, and the more a company sells the more bad reviews

you see, this is why XFX has the least bad review, because they sell less then MSI, which because of that has more negative reviews.

True the number of XFX reviews was waaaaaay less than MSI

Grab the one with the best warranty :)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

XFX. :D

Spending a bunch of money for a gpu that is slightly faster than your current one? Am i the only one you thinks that's pointless?

If you are going to upgrade,make it worth it!!!

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Is the difference in performance between a 750Ti and an R9 270 enough to justify the upgrade ? 

Considering the brand - i would go with sapphire or msi.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Yeah tell me about it, two hours into reviews & still you don't know what to buy.. it's like..

9349649.gif

Hahha so so so so true!

Spending a bunch of money for a gpu that is slightly faster than your current one? Am i the only one you thinks that's pointless?

If you are going to upgrade,make it worth it!!!

sold the 750 ti to a friend cause he needed it more than i did at the time.....and i have an i3 3240 so going much higher wouldn't make that much sense

sold the 750 ti to a friend cause he needed it more than i did at the time.....and i have an i3 3240 so going much higher wouldn't make that much sense

Ah,ok then!

My recommentation to you would be the gigabyte windforce edition. Why? Because i saw a video that in gaming load, the windforce 270X(which is an overclocked 270)  stays in 55C and it's super quiet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j03lmIDEmb4

I saw your sneaky edit mr helping :P

Edited by SpyRosL

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!