Turtle Beach X12 Headset, good and affordable

JujuShinobi

I have owned the turtle beach x12 headset for more than 6months now. I have almost no complaints about the headset besides the annoying 2.5m long cable and that this headset needs USB power to work, meaning you cannot use it on your mobile devices.

So let's talk about the comfort, it is amazing for the price and if you adjust the ear cups properly. I wear glasses while using this headset and I do not feel any discomfort wearing it for almost 6 hours straight.

Now for the sound, this headset delivers good bass and has a feature called bass boost which is adjustable via the volume controller on the wire. The 50mm drivers help deliver amazing sound for music, games and some other applications. The microphone also sounds very clear and good for a headset. Although honestly speaking, a well placed desktop microphone which cost around $10-$20 can sound a lot better. But other than that.. it is still good.

Conclusion? At the price of $59-$69 USD, you cannot really go wrong with this headset. You get good comfort, good audio and microphone quality. Plus I have yanked and ran over the wire over 70 times now and the headset is still working flawlessly. I definitely would recommend you to get this headset if you are on a budget!

Some images of this cool headset. I would take some pictures of mine but my camera is kinda shoddy

post-4487-13667861115013_thumb.jpg

post-4487-13667861115166_thumb.jpg

Well... If you like it that's great. I personally don't find TurtleBeach that good overall and am of the opinion that you CAN get much better for less. I still don't understand peoples obsession with headsets when proper headphones and a good standalone mic are clearly superior. I've found all Turtle Beach headsets that I've tried overpriced, uncomfortable and have overall terrible sound quality. BTW surround sound in headphones is all digital so as long as you have decent headphones you'll be able to hear it.

My friend has an X12, and TBH, its audio quality isn't really that good, its somewhat lacking in the bass department.

I have a Turtle Beach Earforce PX-21 headset. It has better audio quality and bass, but it suffers in build quality. One of the points of rotation broke right off so one of the speakers was just hanging off, so I super glued the crap out of it. stupid swively things have to purpose for me anyway. and its a bit less comfortable, but I pretty much did a 10 hour youtube watching marathon with them and only the tips of my ears started hurting about 9 hours in.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

My friend has an X12, and TBH, its audio quality isn't really that good, its somewhat lacking in the bass department.

I have a Turtle Beach Earforce PX-21 headset. It has better audio quality and bass, but it suffers in build quality. One of the points of rotation broke right off so one of the speakers was just hanging off, so I super glued the crap out of it. stupid swively things have to purpose for me anyway. and its a bit less comfortable, but I pretty much did a 10 hour youtube watching marathon with them and only the tips of my ears started hurting about 9 hours in.

Yeah I sort of felt that too now that I think about it

Well... If you like it that's great. I personally don't find TurtleBeach that good overall and am of the opinion that you CAN get much better for less. I still don't understand peoples obsession with headsets when proper headphones and a good standalone mic are clearly superior. I've found all Turtle Beach headsets that I've tried overpriced, uncomfortable and have overall terrible sound quality. BTW surround sound in headphones is all digital so as long as you have decent headphones you'll be able to hear it.

Desktop microphones can be kind of inconvenient unless you have some sort of wall mounted boom

http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=13863

I thought most people knew about the zalman clip on mic. you clip it to your headset cable. cheap as hell too, it picks up a lot of sound

before I picked up better equipment I thought my turtle beaches were top notch as well.... ahh to be young again....

before I picked up better equipment I thought my turtle beaches were top notch as well.... ahh to be young again....
I know how it feels... young and naive constantly falling for marketing gimmicks. That how it was for me