Dead Rising 3 @ 60fps

xamon

A community manager for Capcom posted something on the Steam forum addressing Dead Rising 3 at 60fps. Pretty much running at 60fps should not cause any issue if you have the rig to run it.

He also posted 2 videos showing the game running at 60fps and you can download them here:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!G1wXgZAC!aJtEBsc92rCl6dRwb3f31w

https://mega.co.nz/#F!DkIRRI4b!7sunyPNNiXgCE8hZXN5FKw

One of the video also shows the option menu. The graphical menu looks pretty good with a lot of option and the game as fully rebindable keys but it is still unclear if it will play well with kb/m.

To me it seems as though they didn't want to test 60fps while porting the game and left it at 30fps with an option to uncap the game (I am still not clear if the uncap function is already in the game) while clearing their hand of any issue that 60fps may cause.

Here is a link to the thread

http://steamcommunity.com/app/265550/discussions/0/522730535829776687/#p6

The released date for the game is also September 5th, while technically still summer I don't think anyone considers it part of summer.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

Capcom needs to worry about people's games that are going to be ruined by GFWL and GameSpy shutdowns first then I will care about their games.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Capcom needs to worry about people's games that are going to be ruined by GFWL and GameSpy shutdowns first then I will care about their games.

MS is not gonna shut down GFWL. They decided to let it ride. That's why Bulletstorm is back on Steam.

MS is not gonna shut down GFWL. They decided to let it ride. That's why Bulletstorm is back on Steam.

Wait... Bulletstorm runs on GFWL? Damn it, should have read the fine print. Oh well, it's still a fun game anyway.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Proof please cuz this will make me happy.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Seems to be decent, I don't know why the dev phrased that breaking 30 fps "cap" could cause issues. Maybe its a Physics problem? (When he shoots the zombies they go flying) Ether way it doesn't seem to have any glaringly bad issues. I'll just wait for the Total Biscuit video to come out and see what he can point out before I go and buy it on the fall or winter steam sale.

Corsair 550D / i5-4690k @4.6GHz / Asus Maximus VII Hero / Asus GTX 980 Strix @1.6Ghz / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8G (2x4096) 2400MHz / Corsair HX 850w / Corsair Neutron GTX 120g SSD / Segate 2TB + 8g Hybrid

Seems to be decent, I don't know why the dev phrased that breaking 30 fps "cap" could cause issues. Maybe its a Physics problem? (When he shoots the zombies they go flying) Ether way it doesn't seem to have any glaringly bad issues. I'll just wait for the Total Biscuit video to come out and see what he can point out before I go and buy it on the fall or winter steam sale.

From the gameplay video i saw on Xbox, the zombies flying when shot is normal. I truly don't know why they said the game was capped at 30fps and then went on to show the game running uncapped and telling that it has no issues. I guess some of the backlash made them fix it? idk.

The rest of the port seems pretty solid, tons of graphical options and it looks like the kb/m was well taken into consideration (rebindable keys, individual keys for inventory slot, individual keys for abilities). Now the only thing that is left to see is how optimized the game is and if the game has mouse smoothing/acceleration.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

If you had a history with the series you wouldn't care about 30 or 60 fps. You'd be grateful it didn't remain console exclusive like Dead Rising 1 and Read Dead Redemption. I picked it up at 25% off pre-purchased during the the Steam Day 1 Sale.