samsung galaxy tab 3 wifi problems

moustacheman

so my the wifi on my moms galaxy tab 3.0 has stopped working, the tablet detects my home network and connects with full bars but is unable to connect to the internet, it can occasionally load the google homepage but nothing more.my wired connection works fine and my dads tested the wifi on his laptop and ipad and it seems fine, if not a little slow. does anyone know a possible cause or even a solution, it hasn't been dropped or anything. Also i should add i have Zero experience with android so it may be something very simple im missing, thanks :) 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

Does it show those down arrows next to the wi-fi bar? A.K.A. is it downloading data?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Does it show those down arrows next to the wi-fi bar? A.K.A. is it downloading data?

downwards orange arrow and green upwards arrow 

Cpu:4670k- at stock.... for now Gpu:r9-280x crossfire Cooler:KrakenX40 MB:mpower SP Ram:8gb hyperX beast 

downwards orange arrow and green upwards arrow 

Strange.That means that it actually downloads and uploads data through the Wi-Fi network.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Strange.That means that it actually downloads and uploads data through the Wi-Fi network.

my mom said she was able to refresh her email client to show all new mail, but wasnt able to open any emails, if that helps pin the problem down. 

my mom said she was able to refresh her email client to show all new mail, but wasnt able to open any emails, if that helps pin the problem down. 

Does it show those arrows all the time or just from time to time?

time to time, seems very infrequent and inconsistent, also thanks for the help :)