Cheap AMP DAC

rasm533c
Go to solution Solved by creatip123,

You don't need any other amp, but if you really wanna buy one, get Fiio products. They're known for good quality vs price value. Just don't expect to get a heaven and earth difference....

hi i got a pair of Sennheiser pc 363d.

And i am thinking about buying an amp. Whould i get any preformence boost or better sound quality. And are there any descent cheap options

my moba is a MSI Z87 G45

Well that has decent enough audio so you wouldn't need any amplification. The Sennheisers are fairly easy to run.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

You don't need any other amp, but if you really wanna buy one, get Fiio products. They're known for good quality vs price value. Just don't expect to get a heaven and earth difference....

If your a windows 7 user follow these instructions exactly.

1)Click Window button

2)Click control panel

3)Click "hardware and sound"

4)Scroll over to "Sound" and click "Manage audio devices"

5)Click your headset icon once and click "properties"

6)Click advanced tab on the top

7)Set it to the highest possible quality.

Only after that, will you realize how much an amp does.

1)Click Window button

2)Click control panel

No.

Hydrogenaudio wants a word with you.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

1)Click Window button

2)Click control panel

What you're describing there is 'upsampling', most definitely not the function of an amp...

What you're describing there is 'upsampling', most definitely not the functio

Wait a sec, is it a dac that helps block out interference from other components? All I know is that when I turned that setting up I noticed that my music sounded a lot better but quite a bit more scratchy on louder parts of a song.

What you're describing there is 'upsampling', most definitely not the function of an amp...

hello?

Wait a sec, is it a dac that helps block out interference from other components? All I know is that when I turned that setting up I noticed that my music sounded a lot better but quite a bit more scratchy on louder parts of a song.

No a DAC converts a digital signal to an analogue signal. Audio is analogue so it converts the digital files into something we can hear. But a dac inside your computer sometimes get interference so external dac and amps are the solution to static on your motherboard usually. It is not a setting. 

No a DAC converts a digital signal to an analogue signal. Audio is analogue so it converts the digital files into something we can hear. But a dac inside your computer sometimes get interference so external dac and amps are the solution to static on your motherboard usually. It is not a setting. 

Ah thank you. I'n kinda new to learning about audio and I was wondering whether headsets and speakers are sorta like computers where you can read all of the settings and get a pretty good idea of performance or if it's more about how they function in real world scenarios and settings don't tell much to the point like mice.

Ah thank you. I'n kinda new to learning about audio and I was wondering whether headsets and speakers are sorta like computers where you can read all of the settings and get a pretty good idea of performance

You can look at measurements and get a good idea of how they perform, but it's not a simple matter of bigger numbers on a spec sheet.