camera help :/ and other stuff

so yeah... i know what you might be thinking! wrong subF and so fort but 

i was wondering what camera i need to get to make this kind of video 

goldish slowmo is stuff ,

and if you can link eny video on tips and trixs for getting this kind of goldish video sun set style pleas do :) 

and i hope this passes as a "General Discussion" topic  ;) 

well i guess not then

Be a bit more patient, I personally JUST saw the post :P

Start by getting a DSLR. I use a Canon T3i, it records in 1080p, and can do pretty decent slo-mo recording at extremely high framerates at 720p, for around $400-600, depending on the setup you get. Then, some video software; I use Adobe Premiere, and Adobe After Effects. With slo-mo, a good rule of thumb is...WARP STABILIZE. DO IT NOW. WARP. STABILIZE. Otherwise, tiny jitters get amplified. THEN you can slo-mo it, which, if you don't know how, google it really quick. Should be able to figure it out yourself in the software, really, if you do all of this and reach this step and still don't know how, let me know and I'll reveal the ancient technique's :P

Anyways, yeah. Color correct, add a bit of yellow, maybe motion-track some flare in that bad boy, and you got yourself a generic skate/bike/CoD video :)

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

The silhouetting, however, (the target looking very dark/shadowed, light shining behind them) is simply good photography and angling. Get to where when your target is DIRECTLY in front of you, there's a straight line through them directly into a light source. Make that thing look like the Holy Jeebus is rising again. Then, turn down your ISO, raise your shutter speed for slo-mo goodies, turn down your exposure 'til it looks nice, and tweak/yahoo answers until you have a nice, frisky little clip.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Any cheap DSLR with video capabilities and skills. That's all it takes. And of course (as the title suggests) you want to do all your filming in the golden hour.

Any cheap DSLR with video capabilities and skills. That's all it takes. And of course (as the title suggests) you want to do all your filming in the golden hour.

any won't do..

The silhouetting, however, (the target looking very dark/shadowed, light shining behind them) is simply good photography and angling. Get to where when your target is DIRECTLY in front of you, there's a straight line through them directly into a light source. Make that thing look like the Holy Jeebus is rising again. Then, turn down your ISO, raise your shutter speed for slo-mo goodies, turn down your exposure 'til it looks nice, and tweak/yahoo answers until you have a nice, frisky little clip.

Be a bit more patient, I personally JUST saw the post :P

Start by getting a DSLR. I use a Canon T3i, it records in 1080p, and can do pretty decent slo-mo recording at extremely high framerates at 720p, for around $400-600, depending on the setup you get. Then, some video software; I use Adobe Premiere, and Adobe After Effects. With slo-mo, a good rule of thumb is...WARP STABILIZE. DO IT NOW. WARP. STABILIZE. Otherwise, tiny jitters get amplified. THEN you can slo-mo it, which, if you don't know how, google it really quick. Should be able to figure it out yourself in the software, really, if you do all of this and reach this step and still don't know how, let me know and I'll reveal the ancient technique's :P

Anyways, yeah. Color correct, add a bit of yellow, maybe motion-track some flare in that bad boy, and you got yourself a generic skate/bike/CoD video :)

thx i just talkt to my freind and he owns a 4k camera that we kan use :)

any won't do..

It really will. I used my grandpa's old handycam that records in 480p to record a video for a State-wide competition for SkillsUSA, and still brought home Bronze. We were relying on a friend's T5i, but he left it at his mom's, two states away. You just have to be really patient and creative with video editing, to use the best of any situation. Hell, people run YouTube channels off of phone cameras, showcasing extremely well-done, almost cinema-grade quality VFX and content in general.

any won't do..

Any will do. You would be surprised how much you can do with a T3i and the kit lens from 2009. It is MUCH more about the guy(s) behind the camera than the gear. I've been in the game for a couple of years now and while I love my 5D Mark II and my small array of L glass it ultimately comes down to my own performance and not my gear. It allows for an easier process, but you can do just fine without it.

I use to do a lot of slow motion video of BMX. I haven't done it so much recently but I am an action sports photographer and it can be fairly useful. I use to do these sorts of slow motion videos using my Canon 7D (at the time) as it was able to shoot at 50 FPS. I would then slow this down to around 30 FPS in Premiere pro which extended each frame and giving a slight slow mo. I would then put it through a plugin called Twixtor. This program allows you to do super slow motion by pretty much sampling from the two frames to create a new frame in the middle.

Have a look at some videos online of Twixtor as it is an amazing tool!

what they used was a camra called the phantom flex with zeiss lenses compact primes.

when asking on which you NLE shud use to edit video I will tell you to get avid and an mac. life is easy when it just works.

so yeah... i know what you might be thinking! wrong subF and so fort but 

i was wondering what camera i need to get to make this kind of video 

goldish slowmo is stuff ,

and if you can link eny video on tips and trixs for getting this kind of goldish video sun set style pleas do :)

and i hope this passes as a "General Discussion" topic   ;) 

you need to get a decent DSLR that can do 60fps at 720p or 1080p, then you can slow it down using a program to achieve a smooth slow motion capture

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Doesn't the gopro record at 120 fps?

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

Doesn't the gopro record at 120 fps?

Yes, but AFAIK it looks horrible while doing so. My phone can do 120fps but the image looks HORRIBLE (and I really mean horrible) while doing so. 

Yes, but AFAIK it looks horrible while doing so. My phone can do 120fps but the image looks HORRIBLE (and I really mean horrible) while doing so.

cuz I saw a YouTube video where the guy recorded in 120fps and slowed it down for a nice slow motion video.

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB