Need some advice on an older broken laptop

Fate

Okay so I found this laptop in the trash about a year ago. The screen was cracked and there was no hard drive so I put a hard drive in and guess what it worked. I bought a new screen and that seems to work however, the GPU seems to be messed up. Only about 15% of the time will the display actually light up. I believe this is a GPU error instead of a screen error due to the fact that it only loads onto a monitor about 15% of the time as well. The model is an Asus U30JC with a (I think) i3-330m and an nvidia 310m. If anybody knows what I can do to potentially fix this the advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

RIP in pepperonis m8s

This could be caused by bad solder between the GPU and the Motherboard. If it's a last ditch attempt to fix it, I'd take out the motherboard and remove all the plastic I could, then throw it in the oven on Broil at 450F for about 10 minutes. That should reflow the solder and could bring life back to your dead GPU.

Other than that I can't think of anything else that could be wrong, and yet still work from time to time.

Good Luck!

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.