Why are there unclickable "Google" and "Bing" members online on the Forums?

Go to solution Solved by Askew,

Search engine spiders my friend, indexing us so we can search for reposts on Google. :)

I don't know if this has been asked before (I can't be the first to notice) but I didn't really know what to search

I've attached a screenshot of the currently online members, and there are several, greyed out accounts that you can't click, and they all have names like 'Google' or 'Facebook' etc etc.

post-37908-0-02932500-1402957343_thumb.j

Does anyone know what these are for? I thought that the 'Google', 'Yahoo' and 'Bing' ones could be for Indexing, but that doesn't explain the 'Facebook' one...

post-37908-0-02932500-1402957343_thumb.j

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Search engine spiders my friend, indexing us so we can search for reposts on Google. :)

Search engine spiders my friend, indexing us.

So it is indexing, but why can't you click them? How do they even get there and why does Facebook even need one??

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

So it is indexing, but why can't you click them? How do they even get there and why does Facebook even need one??

I don't know about Facebook, maybe it's that things from the forum (some images are hosted here that I've seen hotlinked elsewhere on the internet) and the Facebook server is just grabbing those images from the LTT server to serve to people who open it on Facebook.

That's just my guess, and I'd say you can't click them because they are not users with any usefel data to be viewed apart from what they are which can already be seen.

because it's not really a member or a Profile, it's just an index for people searching On Google/Bing to Find content on the forum as search results

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

you are not allowed to speak of them

beware the unclickables

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I think i heard something about a facebook search engine or something so that could be it