Bad Flash, Bricked Card

FoorieCoorie

So after using atiflash for my R9 270X it wouldn't display anything after post. Turns out I ended up using the wrong driver for my R9 270X which I can't even find the model of. Can anyone help this poor souls out? .-.

So after using atiflash for my R9 270X it wouldn't display anything after post. Turns out I ended up using the wrong driver for my R9 270X which I can't even find the model of. Can anyone help this poor souls out? .-.

download correct BIOS and copy on a USB flash drive:

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?architecture=ATI&manufacturer=&model=R9+270X&interface=&memType=&memSize=

Download ATI WINflash

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2311/ati-winflash-2-6-7/

Run the bios update for your card from there, you need a second video card to be able to see what you are doing ( :)) or use integrated graphics solution if you are lucky enough to have that on hands...good luck!

TUTORIAL IF YOU NEED MORE INFOS:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1353325/tutorial-atiwinflash-how-to-flash-the-bios-of-your-ati-cards

BTW you no longer have to do it with the DOS CMD command you can just use the program interface to do the flashing, it's very simple and straight forward.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

download correct BIOS and copy on a USB flash drive:

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/index.php?architecture=ATI&manufacturer=&model=R9+270X&interface=&memType=&memSize=

Download ATI WINflash

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2311/ati-winflash-2-6-7/

Run the bios update for your card from there, you need a second video card to be able to see what you are doing ( :)) or use integrated graphics solution if you are lucky enough to have that on hands...good luck!

TUTORIAL IF YOU NEED MORE INFOS:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1353325/tutorial-atiwinflash-how-to-flash-the-bios-of-your-ati-cards

BTW you no longer have to do it with the DOS CMD command you can just use the program interface to do the flashing, it's very simple and straight forward.

Issue I'm having is that even with a second card installed windows isn't booting. I can get into bios but windows just won't boot. Thinking of running it in safe mode.

Update:

PsQPHre.jpg

It's been stuck like this for the past 4 minutes or so should I reset? .-.

your only hope is to boot in safe mode otherwise i think you pretty much have to either get windows installed on another drive or format your drive, there seems to be a conflict with your GPU drivers or something...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

your only hope is to boot in safe mode otherwise i think you pretty much have to either get windows installed on another drive or format your drive, there seems to be a conflict with your GPU drivers or something...

Without the R9 270X it boots just fine but with it it does this. It wouldn't let me boot into safe either but is there a way to disable the card?

Lkgc isn't working either.

No the GPU is still bricked at this point. I can boot into windows normally without it but with it installed this issues happens. The boot script just freezes at that point as demonstrated in the picture above.

nope...if you cant get a system to boot with the card inserted in a 2nd or 3rd slot, its pretty much over...at least i think, might be wrong..

I keep a crappy antique ATI 9600GT PCI video card for such emergencies, and I had several back when I was playing around with 4870 and 5850 flashing a few years ago. If you have a PCI slot, grab one off fleabay,

- unplug main power cable

pull your RAM (yes, really)

- reset CMOS w/ jumper or switch

- install PCI video card and hook up monitor

- reinstall RAM

- reset CMOS again (just in case)

- hook up power cable

- cross fingers ("Hail Mary, full of grace...")

- turn on PC

- boot into safe mode

- try the flash again

GL!   :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-350-PCI-8MB-ATI-Rage-XL-Video-Card-109-72300-10-DPN-12TVD-/141252184143

Are you threatening me?!

Which 270x is that? IINM, Sapphire one come with Dual BIOS.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Which 270x is that? IINM, Sapphire one come with Dual BIOS.

It's a powercolor one, it's actually in Linus's r9 270 vs r9 270x video

I keep a crappy antique ATI 9600GT PCI video card for such emergencies, and I had several back when I was playing around with 4870 and 5850 flashing a few years ago. If you have a PCI slot, grab one off fleabay,

- unplug main power cable

pull your RAM (yes, really)

- reset CMOS w/ jumper or switch

- install PCI video card and hook up monitor

- reinstall RAM

- reset CMOS again (just in case)

- hook up power cable

- cross fingers ("Hail Mary, full of grace...")

- turn on PC

- boot into safe mode

- try the flash again

GL!   :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-PowerEdge-350-PCI-8MB-ATI-Rage-XL-Video-Card-109-72300-10-DPN-12TVD-/141252184143

Hmm been awhile since I've posted here but I haven't tried this method yet. Does pulling the ram really work can't seems to see how that'd effect the card's bios O.o and thanks but I already have a spare card. My Gtx 780 came in last last Friday but I plan on selling this card to my friend and I can't sell it like this. =p

Hmm been awhile since I've posted here but I haven't tried this method yet. Does pulling the ram really work can't seems to see how that'd effect the card's bios O.o and thanks but I already have a spare card. My Gtx 780 came in last last Friday but I plan on selling this card to my friend and I can't sell it like this. =p

:( that's sad...but no matter what you do from now on, make sure TO FLASH THE RIGHT CARD so you won't brick the GTX 780 !! ;)

Yep. For some reason, some BIOS store a copy of CMOS in a tiny section of RAM, often you can choose that or store it in the HDD MBR as a fail-safe backup. Some companies STILL do this, without even documenting it. No lie. So it's best to do it anyway, just in case, not that it hurts anything and only takes a few extra seconds.

Are you threatening me?!

Yep. For some reason, some BIOS store a copy of CMOS in a tiny section of RAM, often you can choose that or store it in the HDD MBR as a fail-safe backup. Some companies STILL do this, without even documenting it. No lie. So it's best to do it anyway, just in case, not that it hurts anything and only takes a few extra seconds.

That's true lol better try something than nothing at all. I'll come back to you once if it works.

Edit/Update: nope nothing, still stuck on the class.pnp during the boot sequence when I try to log into safe mode.

So booting with your internal gpu is fine, when your ati card is in the PCIE slot yet not selected?

Because if so you should be able to access your dedicated gpu via the dos version of atiflash when you list the adapters in the system, it would be the second #2 to select.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So booting with your internal gpu is fine, when your ati card is in the PCIE slot yet not selected?

Because if so you should be able to access your dedicated gpu via the dos version of atiflash when you list the adapters in the system, it would be the second #2 to select.

I don't have an apu unfortunately I'm using a FX-6300 on this machine. Currently I'm using a HD 5670 in the second PCI-e slot. If I could use on board graphics I would but unfortunately I don't ;_;

So you have two PCIE slots,

then plug the 5670 in the first one,

the bricked card into the second slot,

use the first card to access Windows/DOS

for atiflash to select your second card.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz