Need directional mic for pc

Trail Mixorz

I'm going to have It on a tripod in front of my mech keyboard, and I can't have the mic pick up the noise which is why I need it to be directional. Budget is under $60 usd. Gonna use for skype and in game voip. Needs to have a tripod mount too

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Pretty much all desktop mics will pick up mech keyboards. Grab a modmic or get a better stand to get the mic right up against your mouth. Modmic is easier though. 

Pretty much all desktop mics will pick up mech keyboards. Grab a modmic or get a better stand to get the mic right up against your mouth. Modmic is easier though. 

But I've seen some mics that are very directional, but most are xlr. I don't want a modmic, hence me making this thread and not buying a modmic

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

But I've seen some mics that are very directional, but most are xlr. I don't want a modmic, hence me making this thread and not buying a modmic

Most are cardioid and those will still pick up your keyboard. Grab something like a blue snowball and a stand then to get it close to your mouth. You won't be able to have a mic sitting on your desk and not pick you your keyboard. 

Most are cardioid and those will still pick up your keyboard. Grab something like a blue snowball and a stand then to get it close to your mouth. You won't be able to have a mic sitting on your desk and not pick you your keyboard.

I know, I said I was putting it on a tripod. my brother has a sennheiser mic that's very directional, but it's xlr, there has to be a similar usb mic

I know, I said I was putting it on a tripod. my brother has a sennheiser mic that's very directional, but it's xlr, there has to be a similar usb mic

What Sennheiser mic is this? And if you can't find it in usb, Blue icicle is an easy xlr to usb interface for around $50. 

What Sennheiser mic is this? And if you can't find it in usb, Blue icicle is an easy xlr to usb interface for around $50.

It's a sennheiser e835. do they have xlr to usb cables? Or would that not be enough to power it?

It's a sennheiser e835. do they have xlr to usb cables? Or would that not be enough to power it?

It needs like phantom power or something so a basic cable won't work. You would need some sort of interface. And I think you should just give the blue snowball a shot. Maybe someone else that knows more about mics can chime in later. 

I know, I said I was putting it on a tripod.

But the tripod is still on the desk. Any mic will still pick the keyboard up.

It needs like phantom power or something so a basic cable won't work. You would need some sort of interface. And I think you should just give the blue snowball a shot. Maybe someone else that knows more about mics can chime in later.

I'll check it out, see how it is.

But the tripod is still on the desk. Any mic will still pick the keyboard up.

I meant a stand, like a boom stand. Not on my desk

That senns is cardoid, you could try a cheap cardoid mic (will have a very similar pickup pattern just lower sensitivity and clarity) and if necessary roll some foam to make a shield in between the mic and keyboard.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I meant a stand, like a boom stand. Not on my desk

Oops.  ^_^

Is this for recording, or just like, teamspeak?