Build confirmation? I guess...

Go to solution Solved by Slow N Stupid,

Any specific reason for H440? xD In my opinion phantom 530 looks better D= (my case option is kinda 100% look based lol..)

and oh I forgot to say that I have 1080p (HD) monitor (both of them)

I was about to say dropping to a i5 4690k, but then if you run VM then maybe it's ok

I see no particular problem with any part you choose. For mobo I like MSI stuff so I'd take a Z97 G45 gaming instead, it pack quite nice feature with the price just a bit more compare to the Z97 K you choose, plus MSi mobo do have a little boost on their own MSI GPU,

For PSU, if you never going to go SLi, then get a ~600W intead, so something like the Corsair CX is very cheap and semi modular at 600W.

Hmm might consider for 600W instead but I was thinking of getting safe 750W~ so there won't be any stability problems... Will consider the
Z97 G45

Looks good. I would get a better motherboard, though. That one is generally cheap.

The PSU I recommend is the EVGA NEX750G. It is more than enough for your build, and is only 78.90 pounds.

Nope, cant find that in finland xD

Ok so I'm buying/building new build since my last one is kinda old (it still runs fine thought!) and I pretty much have the things I want and parts I need already listed out, just want a bit of confirmation that It's optimal build (not having huge bottlenecks anywhere or paying too much for a part that is only slightly better than a lot cheaper one). So the build is:

Intel Core i7 4790K

Asus Z97-K Intel Z97 LGA 1150 ATX

MSI N780-TF-3GD5 O.C

Noctua NH-U12S

Kingston HyperX black 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) 1600 MHz DDR3 CL10 XMP

NZXT Phantom 530
and a cheapest 750w psu (would probably be around 80 - 100e)

This will cost approximately 1420e:ish

Now if you have read it carefully you will notices that I didn't include any drives... that's because my old system has Samsung 840 series 250gb SSD which I will be using with the new system... and I'm planning to get (might have already gotten by the time I gona be building this one) Seagate barracuda 1 TB, so they are out of part list I need to buy... also the cpu (i7 4790K) I've been hesitating quite a lot... on whether to just get 4770k which is cheaper (10e:ish cheaper) which will also let me get a bit cheaper motherboard (20e:ish cheaper)... Oh and if you haven't noticed I kinda tried to get cheapest motherboard I could with all of the "essentials" features but I kinda have been wondering... Does more expensive motherboard brings anything else beside SLI/Crossfire support and better building materials? Coz I kinda need neither... not planning on SLI/Crossfire and won't be moving motherboard anywhere once the system is set and running... beside of course periodic dust cleaning...

Ok important informations:

-My max budget is 1600e:ish...
-I will NEVER and I repeat NEVER upgrade this or any system (only build new one after 4 - 5 years... (ps. not trying to be futureproof, its just a habit), I might buy new harddrives or new fan or something minor... but nothing major (cpu/gpu/mobo/rams) unless of course one chooses to fail...
-I will be playing games with this, and lots and lots of multitasking (1 - 2 VMs running in the background, while I watch movies/cartoons and play a game on window mode hence the ram and cpu)
-Will be buying this around end of july - mid of august
-No, I do not need Peripherals
-And yes I will "sometime" use 2 monitors (can't watch movies/cartoons while playing otherwise) but mostly 1
-Oh yes, I live in Finland (Europe) so... not many "exotic" techs or brands will be avaible here

Now then gentlements (and ladies)... please suggest or just tell me it's already good either way is fine

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Also if your issue is solved don't forget to mark the thread as solved!
Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)

Ok so I'm buying/building new build since my last one is kinda old (it still runs fine thought!) and I pretty much have the things I want and parts I need already listed out, just want a bit of confirmation that It's optimal build (not having huge bottlenecks anywhere or paying too much for a part that is only slightly better than a lot cheaper one). So the build is:

Intel Core i7 4790K

MSI N780-TF-3GD5 O.C

Noctua NH-U12S

NZXT Phantom 530

Now if you have read it carefully you will notices that I didn't include any drives... that's because my old system has Samsung 840 series 250gb SSD which I will be using with the new system... and I'm planning to get (might have already gotten by the time I gona be building this one) Seagate barracuda 1 TB, so they are out of part list I need to buy... also the cpu (i7 4790K) I've been hesitating quite a lot... on whether to just get 4770k which is cheaper (10e:ish cheaper) which will also let me get a bit cheaper motherboard (20e:ish cheaper)... Oh and if you haven't noticed I kinda tried to get cheapest motherboard I could with all of the "essentials" features but I kinda have been wondering... Does more expensive motherboard brings anything else beside SLI/Crossfire support and better building materials? Coz I kinda need neither... not planning on SLI/Crossfire and won't be moving motherboard anywhere once the system is set and running... beside of course periodic dust cleaning...

-I will NEVER and I repeat NEVER upgrade this or any system (only build new one after 4 - 5 years... (ps. not trying to be futureproof, its just a habit), I might buy new harddrives or new fan or something minor... but nothing major (cpu/gpu/mobo/rams) unless of course one chooses to fail...

-I will be playing games with this, and lots and lots of multitasking (1 - 2 VMs running in the background, while I watch movies/cartoons and play a game on window mode hence the ram and cpu)

-And yes I will "sometime" use 2 monitors (can't watch movies/cartoons while playing otherwise) but mostly 1

-Oh yes, I live in Finland (Europe) so... not many "exotic" techs or brands will be avaible here

Now then gentlements (and ladies)... please suggest or just tell me it's already good either way is fine

I was about to say dropping to a i5 4690k, but then if you run VM then maybe it's ok

I see no particular problem with any part you choose. For mobo I like MSI stuff so I'd take a Z97 G45 gaming instead, it pack quite nice feature with the price just a bit more compare to the Z97 K you choose, plus MSi mobo do have a little boost on their own MSI GPU,

For PSU, if you never going to go SLi, then get a ~600W intead, so something like the Corsair CX is very cheap and semi modular at 600W.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Intel Core i7 4790K

MSI N780-TF-3GD5 O.C

Noctua NH-U12S

NZXT Phantom 530

Looks good. I would get a better motherboard, though. That one is generally cheap.

The PSU I recommend is the EVGA NEX750G. It is more than enough for your build, and is only 78.90 pounds.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Any specific reason for H440? xD In my opinion phantom 530 looks better D= (my case option is kinda 100% look based lol..)

Hmm might consider for 600W instead but I was thinking of getting safe 750W~ so there won't be any stability problems... Will consider the
Z97 G45

Nope, cant find that in finland xD

Edited by Slow N Stupid

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)

For case choosing it's really depend on whether you like the look or not. There's the problem of component not fitting the case but unless you buying a small case like ITX or MATX etc then it usually isnt a problem.

2 monitors 1080p wont really be any issue here.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

For case choosing it's really depend on whether you like the look or not. There's the problem of component not fitting the case but unless you buying a small case like ITX or MATX etc then it usually isnt a problem.

2 monitors 1080p wont really be any issue here.

Yea With GTX 780 I doubt 2x 1080p will be issue, just forgot to mention thats all and hmm I just searched quickly through the web for parts... I found MSI Z97 G45 bundled with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for 149e vs the Asus Z97-K (114e) and Noctua NH-U12S (60e)... How good is Hyper 212 evo compared to Noctua NH-U12S?

Yea With GTX 780 I doubt 2x 1080p will be issue, just forgot to mention thats all and hmm I just searched quickly through the web for parts... I found MSI Z97 G45 bundled with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for 149e vs the Asus Z97-K (114e) and Noctua NH-U12S (60e)... How good is Hyper 212 evo compared to Noctua NH-U12S?

You wont be able to game on 2 monitors anyway, since Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity both dont support 2 monitors.

The Noctua one is better (It's way more expensive to begin with) but I really really dont like the color of it :P so I still like the G45 + 212 combo more, you can go with a full Black/Red theme here.PLus the temp different isnt much anyway

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/923?vs=941