Looking for new headphones for gaming&music

mucitel1

Hey guys!

I am currently stuck with cheap 20€ headphones, Plantronics GameCom 380. I've had these for around 2 years now, and the sound dial makes hissing sounds and when sound is maxed the left headphone doesn't work.. So I think I need to buy new headphones soon.

I want to get best bang for the buck I can while still keeping as good quality as possible. I've been using Razer Surround drivers to fix the low and high sounds a little in the EQ, so I'm hoping for decent lows and highs.

I most likely won't be using microphone on the headphones itself, so microphone quality doesn't matter.

List of headphones that I can buy and thier respective prices:

• Corsair Raptor HS30 55€
  • Corsair Raptor H3 59€
  • Razer Kraken 61€
  • Corsair Raptor HS40 7.1 64€
  • Asus Cerberus 67€
  • Corsair Vengeance 1300 74€
  • Logitech G230 USB 75€
  • Razer Carcharias 80€
  • SteelSeries Siberia v2 84€
  • Corsair Vengeance 1400 87€
  • ASUS Echelon 90€
  • Asus Orion 91€
  • Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 101€

Headphones in italics are the ones I've been checking out for a  while and would like to buy them, but would like more opinions on the matter.

I don't really want to go over 85€, but if it makes a huge difference then I'm all for it.

Also is the difference between for example Corsair Raptor HS40 and Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 really huge?

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

No Sennheiser or HyperX Cloud wtf?

Get these:

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

No Sennheiser or HyperX Cloud wtf?

They don't sell these here. Cheapest Sennheiser headphones I can get over here are HD518 for 125€. That's slightly above my price range.

Case: Xigmatek Alfar (Black) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 @3.2GHz | MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600MHz | GFX: Gigabyte GTX 660Ti 2GB
Cooler: beQuiet! Shadow Rock | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | HDD: Seagate 'Barracuda' 2TB| OS: Windows 8.1 PRO (64-bit) | PSU: Zalman ZM600-GT 600W 80+ Bronze
 Screen: ASUS VS228 | Mouse: Razer Naga Molten | Headphones: Qpad QH-85 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 w/ Cherry MX Blue

With so many options in your pole, your results are going to be all over the place with no clear favorite. Try narrowing your pole, focusing on a few pairs  that you like the look of and/or think will fit your needs.

I should be studying.

They don't sell these here. Cheapest Sennheiser headphones I can get over here are HD518 for 125€. That's slightly above my price range.

Seeing this post I decided to look at your location and OMG I love that description, I'm such a science nerd. Well anyways didn't realize you had a specific budget but I should have noticed based on the headphones listed. I'm not really the best at audio but a lot people love the value in the HyperX Cloud. Ha... the likes on my first post on this thread, you know they're good headphones when that happens.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Are these really the only audio thingies available in your area or do you just hate sound and money?

If you can't get a decent pair of headphones, just buy the cheapest headset you can. I wouldn't spend too much money on them.

See if you can find any AKG, Beyerdynamic, Qpad, Superlux, Audio Technica, Sony, or other actual audio brand stuff. I'm sure there is something in your country. 

Are these really the only audio thingies available in your area or do you just hate sound and money?

I'm serious, these are the only headphones I can find in my country... I didn't list any 'fashion' headphones and it seems those are like the only things you can get here. 

I'm probably better off buying headphones from Germany and pay that 20€ shipping fee... I guess... will look into german resellers..

Hope they are better...

See if you can find any x, Beyerdynamic, Qpad, Superlux, Audio Technica, Sony, or other actual audio brand stuff. I'm sure there is something in your country. 

Searched for all of those, the only thing i found was Qpad FX36 mousepad, Sennheiser RS 180, which are out of my budget and Sony MK200. I will try to search for these on german sites and pay 20€ shipping fee.

Slovenia, right? Go to this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/164791-headphones-under-80/

A few posts under, there are 3 online shops, they got AKG, Audio Technica, Shure, Beyer, etc there....

Slovenia, right? Go to this thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/164791-headphones-under-80/

A few posts under, there are 3 online shops, they got AKG, Audio Technica, Shure, Beyer, etc there....

Wow thanks, I really appreciate these links. I'm not sure how legit these sites are (the audiopro site didn't even try to change the default joomla favicon...), so I hope everything will go well :D