Building a video editing machine $2500-3000

Hello, discovered this community after watching LinusTechTips on youtube, the video

This machines purpose is for motion graphics & video editing with Premier Pro and After Effects CS6, as well as 3d modeling programs at times. Mostly 3dMax and zbrush.

Im tasked with Pricing out a video editing machine for around $2,500 but after a few days of research im left with a few questions I hope someone can help clear up.

1. Get one SSD Scratch disk/cache and one SSD for operating system?

-From what ive read is that you DONT want to put your cache on the same drive as your OS. So would it be benificial to get two SSD drives? Get one SSD 240GB  for the OS and core programs I use  and get another 120GB SSD for scratch disk/cache and maybe even pagefile on there.

2. I read that you want 4GB ram per CPU core you have, so would any more then 24GB ram be overkill for the system? I really wanted to get 32gb, but why bother right now if its not going to be used.

3. Should i get 2 GTX 760 cards? How much of a benifit will that be for CUDA processing?

Ive included a parts price list for review. Its from memoryexpress.com, pretty expensive, i usually price out my components on their website cause its easy for me to find things  and from there I just shop around to ncix and others to compare. Just wondering if the list is sound or if there are any swaps for better/cheaper bang for the buck.

The MOBO and CPU are something i would like to reduce price on, if there are comparable options you know of thats expandable for the future.

Look forward to hearing your guys input! Looks like a great community.

post-85479-0-34569500-1402582886.jpg

post-85479-0-34569500-1402582886.jpg

Hello, discovered this community after watching LinusTechTips on youtube, the video

This machines purpose is for motion graphics & video editing with Premier Pro and After Effects CS6, as well as 3d modeling programs at times. Mostly 3dMax and zbrush.

Im tasked with Pricing out a video editing machine for around $2,500 but after a few days of research im left with a few questions I hope someone can help clear up.

1. Get one SSD Scratch disk/cache and one SSD for operating system?

-From what ive read is that you DONT want to put your cache on the same drive as your OS. So would it be benificial to get two SSD drives? Get one SSD 240GB  for the OS and core programs I use  and get another 120GB SSD for scratch disk/cache and maybe even pagefile on there.

2. I read that you want 4GB ram per CPU core you have, so would any more then 24GB ram be overkill for the system? I really wanted to get 32gb, but why bother right now if its not going to be used.

3. Should i get 2 GTX 760 cards? How much of a benifit will that be for CUDA processing?

Ive included a parts price list for review. Its from memoryexpress.com, pretty expensive, i usually price out my components on their website cause its easy for me to find things  and from there I just shop around to ncix and others to compare. Just wondering if the list is sound or if there are any swaps for better/cheaper bang for the buck.

The MOBO and CPU are something i would like to reduce price on, if there are comparable options you know of thats expandable for the future.

Look forward to hearing your guys input! Looks like a great community.

Get ONE GTX 780 ti. then another one down the road.. 

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

That is a pretty expensive card, GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 3GB Would one of those really replace 2 GTX760? We only intend on doing videos 1080p for the near future. We are just a couple of newbies right now. I was hopping the system we build would last us a year before we decide to invest any more money into it.

Any input from the late night crew?

That is a pretty expensive card, GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked 3GB Would one of those really replace 2 GTX760? We only intend on doing videos 1080p for the near future. We are just a couple of newbies right now. I was hopping the system we build would last us a year before we decide to invest any more money into it.

while the GTX760 SLi is faster than a 780Ti

consider power draw and heat generated from 2 GPUs will be much higher than a single powerful GPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.