Can you suggest a software for GUI creation

adelhied

Good day guys,

can you suggest some software that is easy to use and learn for creating a GUI for desktop based application some where like the looks of blender 3D and adobe photshop CS6. I want those things like some sliding animation and can be used for flat design but its easy to use. I can understand some css and javascript but I can't find those feature in creating something like that for desktop application. can you suggest something that is easy to understand like css and javascript for creating a desktop application?

In what language?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Visual Basic or C#?

Curing shitposts by shitposts

I want' to stay away to .Net framework as possible cause I can't feel freedom in there. I think Python is a good choice. I want something that can be used in any platform.

I want' to stay away to .Net framework as possible cause I can't feel freedom in there. I think Python is a good choice. I want something that can be used in any platform.

Please do, I hate when I have to download three different versions of .NET in order to run a 2Mb program.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I'm no developer or anything but I thought that the GUI was coded and then each element is drawn up in whatever application fits the design best? Kind of like a website.

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

I research about GTK+, QT, and TK but I don't have a clue about these I just know that their GUI creator

Dont know how about Python, However with c++ you can use Qt - Cross-platform application and UI development framework (I think it is for Python too, but dont know).

For Java you can use WindowBuilder which is just a plugin you install in Eclipse or just download SWT designer which has pallete(sort of like drag n drop programming of GUI)
THen i think for Java you can use Java Fx .

And yea, with java you can use google web toolkit which comes with its own GUI Creation tool, and with that you can make even desktop apps but have them work with web really closely .

I personally am going with WindowBuilder its easy , fast, and you can override anything you want .

Python + PyQT could be a good choice for your scenario. You could even use qt-designer for a fairly simple WYSIWYG-edior, with a simple google-search I came up with this tutorial: https://wiki.python.org/moin/JonathanGardnerPyQtTutorial.

Or you could just use plain qt (in that case, you're probably best of with reading the official qt-documentation, most things map pretty directly into PyQT).

Just understand that what you're asking for (looks like blender) is not an easy task (Blender is a very complex programm), especially since you don't seem very familar with programming. You'll have to do quite alot of research.

Can't you use Allegro as well for C++? Or is that just for gaming applications?

I don't know allegro. No it is not for game application its just for normal application but I like to customize it to look like Photoshop CS 6 (with its black theme) or somewhat like blender 3d.

I'm no developer or anything but I thought that the GUI was coded and then each element is drawn up in whatever application fits the design best? Kind of like a website.

Well sometimes it is hardcoded sometimes a GUI editor is used (or a combination of both)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

for java you could use javafx. they have a scene builder you can use to build up your UIs and then you write a controller file to handle interactions