Phantek PH-F140SP vs Noctua NF-P14S Redux

Hey, this is my first post so go easy on me lol
I am looking at getting a 280mm radiator (most likely a ut60) for the front of my arc midi r2 and I was wondering which of these pressure optimized fans would give me the best noise/performance ratio?

I have already kitted my case out with 6 corsair sp-120s PE fans in anticipation of my watercooling build but have found thier noise to be somewhat annoying at rpms over 1100 or so. So i have decided to replace 2-4 of them with some 140 mm fans depending on whether I end up going push pull or not.

Any information or recommendations would be appreciated, especially bearing in mind that this will be my first watercooling setup.

The Noctua's are nice unless your going for a color scheme in the build?

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

The Noctua's are nice unless your going for a color scheme in the build?

I probably prefer the colour of the phantek fans, but the new grey noctuas arent bad either so that doesnt bother me. I am willing to go for a higher rpm fan also but I want to be able to run the rig fairly quietly also.

Hey, this is my first post so go easy on me lol

I am looking at getting a 280mm radiator (most likely a ut60) for the front of my arc midi r2 and I was wondering which of these pressure optimized fans would give me the best noise/performance ratio?

I have already kitted my case out with 6 corsair sp-120s PE fans in anticipation of my watercooling build but have found thier noise to be somewhat annoying at rpms over 1100 or so. So i have decided to replace 2-4 of them with some 140 mm fans depending on whether I end up going push pull or not.

Any information or recommendations would be appreciated, especially bearing in mind that this will be my first watercooling setup.

The Phanteks are a very good choice but my personal view for radiators with a higher fpi than 20, this would be better than both.

I would choose the Phantteks over the Noctua's.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I probably prefer the colour of the phantek fans, but the new grey noctuas arent bad either so that doesnt bother me. I am willing to go for a higher rpm fan also but I want to be able to run the rig fairly quietly also.

Noiseblocker E-loops or blacksilent pros, however if you change them you will still hear the corsairs. If you want it to be completely quiet get rid of all the corsairs.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Noiseblocker E-loops or blacksilent pros, however if you change them you will still hear the corsairs. If you want it to be completely quiet get rid of all the corsairs.

Problem is the corsairs cost me a bit (australia tax) and it would be a shame not use them. I plan on putting an alphacool st30 in the roof of my arc midi r2 and run the corsairs in push configuration at low rpm. But later on down the track I would be willing to replace the corsair sp120's.

The Phanteks are a very good choice but my personal view for radiators with a higher fpi than 20, this would be better than both.

I would choose the Phantteks over the Noctua's.

Woulda the akasa viper be very loud and how well do they undervolt? I want to try and avoid fans that have an anoying whine or click when undervolted. I dont mind some airflow noise

Woulda the akasa viper be very loud and how well do they undervolt? I want to try and avoid fans that have an anoying whine or click when undervolted. I dont mind some airflow noise

The Akasa Vipers are considerably louder than the ones i recommended which were the Akasa Apaches but the Vipers offer more static pressure and CFM. I use the Akasa Apache's in both 120mm and 140mm and although they have less CFM and Static pressure than the Vipers they still cool excellently. 

I had some cheap high CFM XSPC fans on my radiator and with my 47ghz OC it gave me around 65C and since i switched to the Apaches i now get around 57C and all i did was change the fans. I have never used the Vipers so i do not 100% sure about the ticking but the Apaches has no ticking at any RPM and the lowest they go via PWM is 475RPM and it is completely silent with no ticking or whine. At 1000RPM it is still silent and at 1300RPM there is only the sound of air.

Rosewill has some how bought/gotten the Akasa Apaches and have re-branded them Hyperborea which is now going for 120mm price and 140mm price. They are the exact same fans and operate the same way just with a lower price than the Akasa branded ones.

My next fan purchase maybe some Enermax Twister Pressure.

The Akasa Vipers are considerably louder than the ones i recommended which were the Akasa Apaches but the Vipers offer more static pressure and CFM. I use the Akasa Apache's in both 120mm and 140mm and although they have less CFM and Static pressure than the Vipers they still cool excellently. 

I had some cheap high CFM XSPC fans on my radiator and with my 47ghz OC it gave me around 65C and since i switched to the Apaches i now get around 57C and all i did was change the fans. I have never used the Vipers so i do not 100% sure about the ticking but the Apaches has no ticking at any RPM and the lowest they go via PWM is 475RPM and it is completely silent with no ticking or whine. At 1000RPM it is still silent and at 1300RPM there is only the sound of air.

Rosewill has some how bought/gotten the Akasa Apaches and have re-branded them Hyperborea which is now going for 120mm price and 140mm price. They are the exact same fans and operate the same way just with a lower price than the Akasa branded ones.

My next fan purchase maybe some Enermax Twister Pressure.

hmm I am considering the akasa apache now. If they cool more efficiently and have a similar sound profile then I may get them. They are also fairly cheap which is a bonus.

hmm I am considering the akasa apache now. If they cool more efficiently and have a similar sound profile then I may get them. They are also fairly cheap which is a bonus.

What is really weird is that the Apaches have a lower CFM than the xspc 1650 fans but cool with such a margin. I have tested and tested and i get the same results. This is a screen shot i just did of my 4.5Mhz OC while watching slick show right now.

post-3854-0-42240400-1402712697_thumb.jp

I don't know if you can see it and you can see slick's face. Here is just the AIDA64 bit. Look at the temperature and this is just pull with and ambient of 30C.

post-3854-0-24566200-1402712835_thumb.pn