Brand New Computer Problem - cyberpowerpc

i have just opened my newly purchased cyberpower pc . it has an i5 3570k and an asus p8 z77-v LK mother board withh a HIS x2 7950 graphics card. upon booting i get the asus bios screen and everything seems to be working fine. then once i begin to boot into windows 7 . the screen now has 2 large horizontal lines that cover the windows 7 setup screen and once i try to click anything the screen turns blue. have restarted multiple times and reinserted the card also tried different connections both hdmi and dvi. if anyone could help that would be awesome

To be honest I wouldn't hassle with the pc, I would just tell them what is wrong and send it in to them and make them fix it. But if you would like to troubleshoot it yourself I would take a 7950 out and just use one and then take all but 1 stick of RAM out and take any other pci-e cards out that you have in and try to boot again.

It sounds to me like you have a faulty graphics card. Call up CyberPowerPC Support and request a replacement.

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Call Cyberpower, or the retail outlet you bought it from. They should be warrantying that immediately. 

You should not have to troubleshoot a new pre-built PC.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

i will call cyberpower tomorrow. thanks for all the help. but in the mean time i have removed the 7950 and the system runs normally without the card so it must be the card that is the problem. thanks for the advice.

Now that you have it running update your AMD drivers to the latest and try again

should i have the card in when i update drivers or should i update drivers then shut down and re insert the card

???

thanks for your help Black Out

Only have one card in when updating the drivers. Once you have them full updated restart the computer so it can finish its thing then shut the computer down and put the 2nd 7950 back in.

sorry i must have mis informed you  the 7950 that i have is the x2 reversion of the HIS model. i only have one card not two..

ahhhhh lol Well still do what I suggested above just don't worry about the second card part haha, update drivers to latest with what ever integrated graphics you are using then once then are updated restart computer and then shut it down and put the 7950 back in.

downloading drivers now from HIS. no i did not buy standard power supply.. spent hours and hours finding the perfect parts for this pc and sadly ran into this problem . but i went with the evga supernova 750 watt power supply.

once i plug the card back in . i cant even click the setup on the drivers without the card crashing and blue screening . so it must be a card problem , contacting cyberpower tomorrow