Whats The Point of Buying Nvidia? (Never Settle)

AMD's Never Settle Strikes Again!

It appears that the upcoming, highly anticipated title, Battlefield 4, will be featured in a coming iteration of the Never Settle bundle that comes with AMD graphics cards.

This brings up a very interesting question. What is the point of buying Nvidia graphics cards? Really there isn't. AMD's graphics cards, with the exception of the excruciatingly high priced titan, preform better than the green team. In many of Linus' videos about bench-marking newly released, graphically demanding titles, AMD wins out.

As of current, AMD is having cross-fire issues when faced with the issue of frame-rating, and actual perceived performance, but that is most likely to pass. They know about the problem and are probably are going to release drivers that fix this soon. 

With so many of the newly released and up-coming games being stuck into the Never Settle bundle, you are saving massive amounts of money on games that you might have been planning to buy and if you weren't it is creating yet another customer for developers to pander to and make them some much needed cash so they can continue to create games independently of EA. (cough cough, smile, thumbs up)

Over Clocking. Why is it that you have to buy a ti version of a Nvidia card, or a card that is over $300, to overclock. AMD's cards, especially the 7790 and 7950, are overclocking monsters and will beat cards via overclocking that aren't even in the same price tier as them.

I am not trying to be a fan-boy, I'm just stating what I think are the facts. Please! leave your two cents below and prove me wrong.

Link

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/pc/53873-battlefield-4-feature-next-gen-amd-never-settle-bundle/

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

PhysX, CUDA, drivers that work. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Yea that about sums it up.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

yeah PhysX. Cuda is not very applicable to gamers though..... and I dunno about drivers. Their Never Settle drivers seem to work well.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Some might not want to buy something with EA in it...

But its free and Battlefield is still a good game that gets good support.

Have you ever played a game with nearly full PhysX? It's beautiful! Plus faster rendering in programs, depending on which ones take advantage of CUDA cores. I got with Nvidia purely because of Physx, it's a game changer for me. Good example of a with PhysX, Planetside 2! 

Shield streaming

Good point. We just have to wait and see how good it is.

Good point. We just have to wait and see how good it is.

Likely not very that's why I don't regret my recent 7870

yeah PhysX. Cuda is not very applicable to gamers though..... and I dunno about drivers. Their Never Settle drivers seem to work well.

ya but the drivers should have worked from the beginning 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

nvidia proprietory Physx is not something pc gamers should support as it's bad for the industry.

But back to the topic- every generation of GPUs is different. I think AMD won this one in terms of performance and value at multiple price points. But it could all change fast.

Video encoding, better drivers (even if AMD has gotten better they're still worse), coolers that aren't made of wafer thin mints or look like buttsalad, partners that solder boards with conductive metal instead of pickled herring, buying a card without worrying there's a 25% chance it's DoA.

That about sums up my reasons for buying Nvidia.

I probably will buy AMD some time, it's just not anything you can buy without A LOT of customer feedback to back it up.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Are AMD drivers that bad?

I don't know about their performance, but they seem to be a whole lot easier to use than nVidia's. They also look nicer too, but I guess that isnt a very a good point

ya but the drivers should have worked from the beginning 

Aren't drivers supposed to get better with time anyways?

Video encoding, better drivers (even if AMD has gotten better they're still worse), coolers that aren't made of wafer thin mints or look like buttsalad, partners that solder boards with conductive metal instead of pickled herring, buying a card without worrying there's a 25% chance it's DoA.

That about sums up my reasons for buying Nvidia.

I probably will buy AMD some time, it's just not anything you can buy without A LOT of customer feedback to back it up.

I think that the coolers are getting better though. Look at the Sapphire 7950. Its really nice. 

You took the word right out of mouth. There are also things coming, like the GeForce Experience and Shield.

Absolutely, I think the point was that AMD drivers have, in the not too distant past, had more issues, and those issues have taken longer to resolve than on the nVidia side.

They have improved recently and hopefully they will continue that trend. 

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

nvidia proprietory Physx is not something pc gamers should support as it's bad for the industry.

But back to the topic- every generation of GPUs is different. I think AMD won this one in terms of performance and value at multiple price points. But it could all change fast.

How is PhysX bad for the industry? It's a good feature to have on games, and if you don't have a Nvidia GPU you can run it from the CPU. If you don't like because of how it looks or just because it's from Nvidia, then turn it off...

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

ya but they are supposed to work in the first place to

You forgot SLI > Crossfire

ya there isnt as much stuttering or tearing and it works

Absolutely, I think the point was that AMD drivers have, in the not too distant past, had more issues, and those issues have taken longer to resolve than on the nVidia side.

They have improved recently and hopefully they will continue that trend. 

Yeah totally. I think its good to support an opposing company that has been having struggles but also has a good prospective because even in their damaged state they seem to be making a come back.

Yeah totally. I think its good to support an opposing company that has been having struggles but also has a good prospective because even in their damaged state they seem to be making a come back.

im not saying amd is bad im just saying i think nvidia is better

3D as amazing as it sounds. I saved roughly 500 dollars going Nvidia between the 3 monitors.