Best blue tubing - non uv?

Go to solution Solved by Jodomcfrodo,

Thanks guys.. ill go for the clear tubing and Mayhem Dyes Ultra Deep Blue =)

Black tubing crossed my mind but i would want to see the fluid.. ill stick with clear tubing at least im able to add more color.

What clear tubing have you have experience with??

What about tubing plasticisers and clouding?

If im using mayhems dyes would i have to add any biocide??

I have mayhems pastel red.

You do not need a biocide with it.

Also some tubing has issues with it. My primochill primoflex ADVANCED LRT hasn't had an issue. You have to get the advanced though. Other versions of the primo chill tubing will cause issues.

I think i have decided what parts i need for my first attempt at watercooling, my last dilemma is what tubing to go for?
The size of tubing im looking for will be: (1/2 ID - 3/4 OD ) (12.7mm x 19mm)  I will be using distilled water and nt nuke.

im most likely to get blue tubing and use distilled water, all the sites i have checked are all uv.. so i was wondering who has used blue tubing with no uv lights, can you still see the water in the tube?
and can you buy blue tubing non uv.. i cant find any?

or my other options are: clear tubing and Mayhem Dyes Ultra Deep Blue (not to sure i want to use dye)

any recommendations for blue tubing? any brands you stand by?

\\ Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 5GHz // Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77 X-UD4H  // CPU BL: EK-Supremacy EVO Acetal // Pump+Top: EK-D5 Vario + X-TOP  // Res: Bitspower Z-Multi 250mm  // Rads: Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 80mm 480mm + Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm  // GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X 3GB GDDR5 OC 1100MHz//1550MHz // GPU BL: Alphacool NexXxos GPXR9280M07 // PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850AXUK // RAM: 16GB 4x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance LP 1600MHz // Tubing: Xspc HighFlex 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD // Fittings: EK-CSQ 13/19mm + EK-AF 45°/90° + Koolance QD3 + Others  // HDDs: 256GB Crucial M4 + 30GB OCZSSD2-1VTX30G  + 8TB Seagate 3.5  // Fan Control: Lamptron Touch 30w x 6 // Fans: Noiseblocker BlackSilent PL2 1400rpm x12 + BitFenix 140mm Spectre PRO 1200rpm x2 // OS: Windows 8.1 X64 // LEDS: Darkside // Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 // Keyboards: Corsair Vengeance K95 + Logitech G13 // Monitors: Eizo Forbis FS2333BK x3 \\

I'd go colored coolant and clear tubing.

Quote me to get a reply!

That's what I did even though people say it's bad because of clogging and discoloration. I haven't had one issue and think it looks much better than colored tubing.

+1 for that option

+1 for Mayhems coolant

+1 for primochill primoflex advanced LRT tubing

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

That's what I did even though people say it's bad because of clogging and discoloration. I haven't had one issue and think it looks much better than colored tubing.

+1 for that option

+1 for Mayhems coolant

Even if it does clog, it's extremely easy and simple to do maintenance if you've done your loop properly.

I had to clean my res  + cpu block out recently from a tiny film of gunk that filmed, it took like 10minutes to clean them, and 10 mins to re-install everything and fill it.

@OP I would recommend clear tubing with blue dye / coolant, you can get a much more "custom-taylored" look to how YOU want it to look.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

+1 for that option

+1 for Mayhems coolant

Even if it does clog, it's extremely easy and simple to do maintenance if you've done your loop properly.

I had to clean my res  + cpu block out recently from a tiny film of gunk that filmed, it took like 10minutes to clean them, and 10 mins to re-install everything and fill it.

@OP I would recommend clear tubing with blue dye / coolant, you can get a much more "custom-taylored" look to how YOU want it to look.

Black tubing crossed my mind but i would want to see the fluid.. ill stick with clear tubing at least im able to add more color.

\\ Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 5GHz // Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77 X-UD4H  // CPU BL: EK-Supremacy EVO Acetal // Pump+Top: EK-D5 Vario + X-TOP  // Res: Bitspower Z-Multi 250mm  // Rads: Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 80mm 480mm + Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm  // GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X 3GB GDDR5 OC 1100MHz//1550MHz // GPU BL: Alphacool NexXxos GPXR9280M07 // PSU: Corsair CMPSU-850AXUK // RAM: 16GB 4x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance LP 1600MHz // Tubing: Xspc HighFlex 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD // Fittings: EK-CSQ 13/19mm + EK-AF 45°/90° + Koolance QD3 + Others  // HDDs: 256GB Crucial M4 + 30GB OCZSSD2-1VTX30G  + 8TB Seagate 3.5  // Fan Control: Lamptron Touch 30w x 6 // Fans: Noiseblocker BlackSilent PL2 1400rpm x12 + BitFenix 140mm Spectre PRO 1200rpm x2 // OS: Windows 8.1 X64 // LEDS: Darkside // Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 // Keyboards: Corsair Vengeance K95 + Logitech G13 // Monitors: Eizo Forbis FS2333BK x3 \\

I think mayhem's dyes have biocide + anti corrosive built in, but go on their website and double check to make sure first.

I've had a decent experience with PrimoChilll Advanced LRT, it's like ~20$ for 10 feet where I live from frozenCPU, it'll probably be ~15-20 GPB for you for 3 meters.

I wouldn't worry about clouding etc, if it happens, it's really easy to replace the tubing & clean things out, only takes an hour tops and by the time you'll have to do it, it'll be like 6-12 months from now anyways.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Also some tubing has issues with it. My primochill primoflex ADVANCED LRT hasn't had an issue. You have to get the advanced though. Other versions of the primo chill tubing will cause issues.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I think mayhem's dyes have biocide + anti corrosive built in, but go on their website and double check to make sure first.

I've had a decent experience with PrimoChilll Advanced LRT, it's like ~20$ for 10 feet where I live from frozenCPU, it'll probably be ~15-20 GPB for you for 3 meters.

I wouldn't worry about clouding etc, if it happens, it's really easy to replace the tubing & clean things out, only takes an hour tops and by the time you'll have to do it, it'll be like 6-12 months from now anyways.

Thank you =)