What UPS to buy for a 860w PSU?

Grin

What particular brand should I go for? Should I go for 1500 va?

PSU = Seasonic platinum 860w 80+

What are the rest of your specs

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

What are the rest of specs woops double post

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Not to hijack the post, but rather I have a question to help the OP.

How do you tell how big of a UPS you need?

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Not to hijack the post, but rather I have a question to help the OP.

How do you tell how big of a UPS you need?

You usually try to ballpark around 1.4x Watt consumption

For example, in OP's case, I assumed 600w PSU load. 600w/.8 (inefficiency) then multiply by 1.4 for approximate VA.

You try to get it as close as possible to keep costs down, all you really need is a few minutes of power and the conditioning.

Can you elaborate? Like, take your PSU wattage (so 860w in this case) and multiply it by 1.4-ish?

you have to factor in efficiency first at typical load. 80% efficient is a very safe assumption.

If you had a 1000w PSU there's no need for a ~1.5k+ VA UPS if all you have is an i7 and GTX 760, for example.

Error: 410

You usually try to ballpark around 1.4x Watt consumption

Can you elaborate? Like, take your PSU wattage (so 860w in this case) and multiply it by 1.4-ish?

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

If I understand what Helping is saying, you should be considering the power drawn from the wall, not the power the PSU can deliver. Meaning you have to consider efficiency. And if you aren't going to be using the full 860W, then you won't need an 860/.8 *1.4 = 1505W VA.

Might be an interesting read for you. http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-your-computer-UPS-last-for-hours-instead-of-m/

Could probably make your own similar thing with a few deep cycle batteries in a series, a car charger and an inverter it just would always be on, and I'm not sure if teh draw would be greater than the input, but there will be a way. So yeah no doubt a lot more to it than that, but I'm too tired to start really researching atm, sounds like a fun experiment though. I wish Linus should make a video of how to make a UPS with the transfer switches and stuff. Would be cool.

Here's my specs by the way:

Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Black 

GPU: GTX 780 ti

RAM: Corsair Vengeance red (2x8)

SSD: Crucial M550 256 GB

HDD: WD Red 3TB

CPU: i7-4930K

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i

So how much VA should I go for?