Can't install AMD CCC

cooperred

I'm running Windows 8.1 and I'm trying to install the drivers for my GPUs, and everything else (CCC, HDMI Audio Driver, Gaming Evolved App, etc) installs fine, but as soon as the installation gets to the "AMD Display Driver," it makes that hardware removed Windows sound, my screen flashes, and everything just freezes. Any advice?

I've tried unchecking the display driver and installing everything else and it worked fine. Rebooted and tried to install the display driver by itself, boom, frozen Windows. I've also tried going into safe mode and removing all existing AMD drivers too, then reinstalling, but no good.

I've tried installing from the included CD too and the same thing occurs. I've also tried extracting the drivers and force installing them.

The HDMI and DVI-D ports on the GPU don't work either, so my monitor will only receive a signal from the DVI-I port. Is this due to the drivers or did I somehow wreck my card? 

EDIT: Could it be a Windows issue? Windows update included an AMD driver and it froze on that too.... 

AMD Drivers have a lot of issues on windows 8. You should stay with windows 7.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I've used 13.6 on Windows 8.1 with the same card in another build and it worked fine. I've tried installing 13.6 on this one too, and the same thing happens

AMD Drivers have no issues on windows 8. You should stay away from windows 7.

AMD drivers work fine on windows 8.

NVIDIA drivers work fine on windows 8.

All the amd drivers since i have windows 8 have worked

All the nvidia drivers since i have windoows 8 have worked.

Stop spreading non informative and non helpful information.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

wrong.. 

wrong.. 

I had a TON of issues with AMD drivers on Windows 8.1

Never had one with Nvidia... YET!

wrong.. 

Just a few days ago another person was having issues with crossfire on windows 8. He had no problems on windows 7. There are also a bunch of cases of people having issues with their AMD drivers malfunctioning when they upgraded to windows 8.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just a few days ago another person was having issues with crossfire on windows 8. He had no problems on windows 7. There are also a bunch of cases of people having issues with their AMD drivers malfunctioning when they upgraded to windows 8.

wrong.. 

Whatever the case may be, I've used Windows 8.1 with the 13.6 drivers and they worked fine. I can't even install 13.6 anymore.

Sure keep on circle jerking and it was surely not your fault that you mocked up the installation of the driver.

I have drivers mock themself up plenty of times be it Nvidia or AMD.

It does not matter if it be Windows 8.1 or windows 7.

Its pretty much the same OS the only difference is the start menu everything else is pretty much windows 7, download a start menu and you got yourself a windows 7 pc.

Also there are many games that get improved performance by using windows 8.1

Nvidia gpu get around 10% more performance on windows 8.1 then on Windows 7.

I have done both SLI Titans, 780 Ti's

Crossfire 7950's R9 290 R9 290x'S         No issues on both whatsoever.

Here's the problem they "Upgraded"

What do they mean by that? Because surely there are lots of left overs from the old Windows 7 install. Or how about drivers corrupting?

I have both Nvidia and AMD drivers sometimes corrupt them self on install, which is easily fixable as it is.

I too can call out a bunch of people having zero issues with their AMD or NVIDIA drivers  on windows 8, with no malfunctions.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

Whatever the case may be, I've used Windows 8.1 with the 13.6 drivers and they worked fine. I can't even install 13.6 anymore.

So install 14.4.

So install 14.4.

Like I said, it doesn't work. Freezes on install

Probably corrupt driver. Try cleaning the drivers, then make a clean install of 14.4.

Or when you install press on Custom.

did that in windows 7 about 12 times for me, for me the drivers worked better in 8.1 

if you would check you would know most issues are on 7 for the recent drivers 

Looks more like a messed up driver file or OS install. There is no such things as "Nvidia drivers work better on windows 7" or "AMD sucks on windows 8".

Both OS are supported the exact same way.

Look for driver install leftovers and such

if you would check you would know most issues are on 7 for the recent drivers 

Well it's AMD, what did you expect...

Spoiler

Probably corrupt driver. Try cleaning the drivers, then make a clean install of 14.4.

Looks more like a messed up driver file or OS install. There is no such things as "Nvidia drivers work better on windows 7" or "AMD sucks on windows 8".

Both OS are supported the exact same way.

Look for driver install leftovers and such

I've done that. Heck I've even reinstalled Windows and they still won't install. 

Sure keep on circle jerking and it was surely not your fault that you mocked up the installation of the driver.

I have drivers mock themself up plenty of times be it Nvidia or AMD.

It does not matter if it be Windows 8.1 or windows 7.

Its pretty much the same OS the only difference is the start menu everything else is pretty much windows 7, download a start menu and you got yourself a windows 7 pc.

Also there are many games that get improved performance by using windows 8.1

Nvidia gpu get around 10% more performance on windows 8.1 then on Windows 7.

I have done both SLI Titans, 780 Ti's

Crossfire 7950's R9 290 R9 290x'S         No issues on both whatsoever.

How is it my fault that the driver install corrupted 10's of times? It would always show an error and the end of the message saying that the drivers were already installed (which they weren't and I check that with DDU which is SUPER reliable) 

I re downloading the drivers about 3 times, so I doubt it was a corrupted download. My Windows install wasn't corrupt because installing 14.1 would work, but installing anything before that WOULD NOT work. 

Also, how am I circle jerking? Since when is agreeing with someone circle jerking? Truly a stupid argument.

You sound a tad bit mad cause AMD has messed up in the past (not saying Nvidia hasn't)

did that in windows 7 about 12 times for me, for me the drivers worked better in 8.1 

I'm currently on 8.1 and that's what happens..

How is it my fault that the driver install corrupted 10's of times? It would always show an error and the end of the message saying that the drivers were already installed (which they weren't and I check that with DDU which is SUPER reliable) 

I re downloading the drivers about 3 times, so I doubt it was a corrupted download. My Windows install wasn't corrupt because installing 14.1 would work, but installing anything before that WOULD NOT work. 

Also, how am I circle jerking? Since when is agreeing with someone circle jerking? Truly a stupid argument.

You sound a tad bit mad cause AMD has messed up in the past (not saying Nvidia hasn't)

I am Mad about people going hurr hurr amd drivers are bad etc. and Windows 8 sucks.

Its the same thing like people who go i bought this gtx 770 and the drivers wont work and it does this and that i wont buy nvidia ever again.

Well surely something must be wrong with your pc because many of my client's PC's i have build a pc for have had zero issues be it they requested a machine with windows 8 or windows 7.

I am Mad about people going hurr hurr amd drivers are bad etc. and Windows 8 sucks.

Its the same thing like people who go i bought this gtx 770 and the drivers wont work and it does this and that i wont buy nvidia ever again.

Well surely something must be wrong with your pc because many of my client's PC's i have build a pc for have had zero issues be it they requested a machine with windows 8 or windows 7.

NOWHERE did I say that Windows 8 sucks. It's quite amazing to be honest. I 100% prefer it over Window 7. 

I've uninstalled the AMD drivers through Control Panel, deleted the folder, and used DDU and the same thing happens when I try to install any AMD driver. 

I've uninstalled the AMD drivers through Control Panel, deleted the folder, and used DDU and the same thing happens when I try to install any AMD driver. 

After you unistall old drivers and after rebooting your pc your resolution is same as before?