IS ethernet worth the effort to impliment?

phillrulz

Do you know the signal strength deterioration over distance like if you need repeaters on a Ethernet over a certain distance?

No. I<d trust atleast 100km of any Ethernet, yes KM.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

with gaming there is a big diffrence, for one game I play I have 30-35ms ping with ethernet and easily 40+ with wifi, wich also causes me to lose connection once in a while.

So Ethernet for the win so long wifi doesn't seem 24/7 stable.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Yes yes yes yes!

I was sick of my wifi pooping on my pc during gaming. So i went to home depot and monoprice.com, ordered my supplies and wired Cat6 through my basement to my room. Totally worth it, ZERO lag now

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

ISP tech support here.

The thing about gaming with wifi is that even if you are measuring great results now, you are open to any kind of interference at all times. That means you can get totally screwed in mid-game by something as simple as your neighbor changing their control channel and overlapping you (and a thousand other factors that are out of your control).  You wouldn't believe how many times a day I hear these words from a customer: "But it's been working fine for years!". 

So yeah, ethernet is always worth it to ensure stability.

Potato