H100i mounting question

Hello forum!

I have a quick question, I have the H100i CPU cooler, so is there a difference between mounting on top as exhaust or front as an intake?

Thank you guys!

It will impact the  temperature of components inside your case, such as your GPU, but it's a minor difference (1-3 °C), since good airflow moves air very quickly.

It will impact the temperature of components inside your case, such as your GPU, but it's a minor difference (1-3 °C), since good airflow moves air very quickly.

I also forgot to mention that I have 3 fans as exhaust (2 top, 1 rear, corsair 140s AF

I also forgot to mention that I have 3 fans as exhaust (2 top, 1 rear, corsair 140s AF

Then you'll have negative air pressure, it's not too much of a problem but it leads to premature dust build up. :)

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Then you'll have negative air pressure, it's not too much of a problem but it leads to premature dust build up. :)

How does one create positive air pressure?

Just mount it on my girlfriend, she's too hot. Jk girlfriend's are too mainstream

Case: Carbide 300R

CPU: i5 4690K @ 3.90GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Mobo: MSI Z97-G45 Gaming

GPU: R9 290 Tri-X

PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA NEX650G

Storage: 4TB NAS

Drive 1: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM

Drive 2: WD 500gb 7200RPM

Keyboard: Vengeance K50

Headset: Vengeance 1500 V2

Mouse: R.A.T 5

Monitor: LG 24EN33

Just mount it on my girlfriend, she's too hot. Jk girlfriend's are too mainstream

Definitely doesn't answer my question lol

all about them 2d waifus, yo

Just a hypothesis. SP fans and more of them as intake for positive, AF fans as intake let air escape more with positive pressure. AF for exhaust. 

Hello forum!

I have a quick question, I have the H100i CPU cooler, so is there a difference between mounting on top as exhaust or front as an intake?

Thank you guys!

Both are possible. I'm generally against having rads blow hot air into my pc case especially from the front where the hot air will be going to my GPU. Hot air rises so why go against nature. It's not clear to me what your fan config is, is it all 140 AF's? In which case you're better off putting two static pressure optimized 120mm's on it in top exhaust. Push with high end fans like Noctua NF-F12's or Noise Blocker BlackSilent Pro's or pull with cheaper fans. 

How does one create positive air pressure?

More total CFM on intake fans than total CFM on exhaust fans.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Both are possible. I'm generally against having rads blow hot air into my pc case especially from the front where the hot air will be going to my GPU. Hot air rises so why go against nature. It's not clear to me what your fan config is, is it all 140 AF's? In which case you're better off putting two static pressure optimized 120mm's on it in top exhaust. Push with high end fans like Noctua NF-F12's or Noise Blocker BlackSilent Pro's or pull with cheaper fans.

More total CFM on intake fans than total CFM on exhaust fans.

Sorry for not being specific :P the H100i has stock fans being intake, and all 3 exhaust fans are AF 140s LED version, 2 top and one rear (Which I plan to replace with noctuas soon)

Sorry for not being specific :P the H100i has stock fans being intake, and all 3 exhaust fans are AF 140s LED version, 2 top and one rear (Which I plan to replace with noctuas soon)

Ideally if your case takes two 140's in the front you could move the two top 140's to the front as intakes, leave the other one 140 as rear exhaust and just mount the H100i at the top and get two Noctua NF-F12's for that. Unless you have a bunch of full harddrive cages and fan filters in the front, the Noctua's won't give you much benefit in terms of more airflow. Unless you're switching to Noctua for extra quietness or because you're obsessed with Noctua fans like me. :P

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Ideally if your case takes two 140's in the front you could move the two top 140's to the front as intakes, leave the other one 140 as rear exhaust and just mount the H100i at the top and get two Noctua NF-F12's for that. Unless you have a bunch of full harddrive cages and fan filters in the front, the Noctua's won't give you much benefit in terms of more airflow. Unless you're switching to Noctua for extra quietness or because you're obsessed with Noctua fans like me. :P

Well I'm going with noctua because I see a lot of good feedback in almost every thread :P and I can definitely do that. I want to replace all the fans for quietness yet will keep my stuff cool, because I want to use LED strips instead of the fans itself.