SpaceX Dragon V2 is here!

lWindowsl

Sources:

http://www.businessinsider.com/spacex-ceo-elon-musk-to-unveil-dragon-v2-spacecraft-2014-5

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/first-look-at-dragon-v2-the-first-manned-spaceship-by-1583376826

Dragon 2.0 can fit up to seven astronauts, whereas the Soyuz capsules can only carry three.

The Dragon V2 will be outfitted with SuperDraco thruster engines, which "will be able to provide astronauts with the unprecedented ability to escape from danger at any point during the ascent trajectory," SpaceX said. 

Elon Musk States that "Dragon V2 will be able to carry seven people and land with thrusters anywhere in the planet with helicopter accuracy!"

I am super excited to hear this! I cannot believe that this spacecraft will be able to hold 7 astronauts a opposed to the Russian Soyuz, which can only carry 3. Another cool point that I like about this is

that Elon Musk wanted the new version of the Dragon spacecraft to be reusable. This new spacecraft will also be able to land without parachutes. Only if an anomaly is detected with the new Super Draco engines, then the chutes will deploy. This is freaking amazing! 

It also has a freaking pull down console with all the instruments and stuff!

Yzf1Fou.png

TEAKQx1.png

post-32473-0-87280000-1401417548.jpg

post-32473-0-01783800-1401417560.jpg

- Cole Henning -

Windows7323

Well Sheeeeit, it's about time! Super excited for this.

Eff Russia and the Soyuz ;) Har har jk Soyuz have basically kept us in space for the last 10 years.

Though it is good to see a space capsule that is basically North American made and doesn't rely on Russian parts or rockets.

Also the ability to abort and escape ascent at any time is unprecedented and could potentially save many lives over the years (Although rocket technology is significantly safer than it was in the 60's and 70's).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Oooh. Elon Musk is one of those people who I admire, both in creativity, and in bravery - introducing unconventional ideas.

Sorry for the convoluted speech pattern.

Next goal: Build the Enterprise!

We have to get past the Firefly class ship first :)