AMD FX-8350

xkronusx

Price: $199.99CAD

http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=76932&promoid=1201

I've used this processor for a decent amount of time, i have also used the 8150 so i can give a decent amount of info about this product.

So here goes, the FX-8350 is a pretty decent product for the price, i use it in my current gaming machine and it runs everything i have thrown at it. Including an ftp server, voip server (either mumble or vent with speex), recording game footage and playing every game i could think of; cant wait to test crysis 3.

In heavier games such as battlefield 3 i achieve 50-60 fps solid without huge fluctuations, in online game play i achieve 40 - 50 fps i believe this is a graphics card limitation though, i run the game on ultra settings 1920*1080 with an Asus direct cu II 6950 2 GB. I actually have footage of online game play for reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN7dJ9TQ0LM dont mind the commentary i wont be sad if you mute the video.

I can render a video of 30 minutes in under an hour with effects and cutting, programs run smooth and quick.

It also runs quite cool,

idle 17'C

heavy load 34'C

note this is with the Noctua NH-D14

Can't think of anything else important to put for now, so thats all/

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

Whats ur ambient temp?

Which rating would you give this CPU (1 lowest - 10 best) in a rating of ALL CPU's on amrket including intel's CPU's

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Would you recommend upgrading to the 8350 from an 8120? I get 50-60 fps on battlefield 3 with my MSI GeForce 660/OC Twin Frozr card and the 8120. If i dont upgrade now, i'll upgrade when steamroller comes out

May the Force be with you.

Would you recommend upgrading to the 8350 from an 8120? I get 50-60 fps on battlefield 3 with my MSI GeForce 660/OC Twin Frozr card and the 8120. If i dont upgrade now, i'll upgrade when steamroller comes out
I would keep it it wil not mkae a huge difference.

Whats ur ambient temp?

Which rating would you give this CPU (1 lowest - 10 best) in a rating of ALL CPU's on amrket including intel's CPU's

Ambient i believe is around 30'C my house is kind of cold but even in the hottest conditions i have the cpu temp is the same, i think because of the beefy cooler.

Rating i would give it probably a hard 7, from what i've heard about i7 cpus it sounds like they have more strength then the 8350, unfortunately i have yet to play with any icore since an i7 930; so i can't be for certain.

For me it does whatever i need of it.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

Whats ur ambient temp?

30°C Ambient is damn hot.. did you mean Farenheit? it's not same as Celsius

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Rated 7 / 10

linussa.png

I had an FX-8150 which is basically a higher clocked 8120, i traded it in for $100 and paid $110 when the FX-8350 first came out so thats why i upgraded.

Honestly it depends on what you want to get out of it, for me it helped a whole ton when it came to video rendering and capturing game footage, it can give a 20 fps boost in starcraft 2 and battlefield 3.

Thing is you can achieve the same with a 4.0GHZ clock on an 8150 or presumably with an 8120 plus the right settings in the bios, such as high computing mode i believe its called, its in the bios for the asus crosshair v formula.

So if your confident in your skills with overclocking and can activate the right features in your motherboard you can get near what an 8350 can give you, if you feel like tossing a few bucks at a processor cause you got the cash and dont want to worry about messing with clocks get the 8350.

Side note the 8350 has better memory controller, windows gives a higher rating, 7.8 for me was 7.6 with the 8150.

Whats ur ambient temp?

well by ambient you mean the rooms temp?

Whats ur ambient temp?

Yes. Room temp infront of ur PC Case. Cuz 30°C is it in europe like in a damn hot summer :D

Whats ur ambient temp?

I don't really have a good way of measuring that i kinda just went with what the motherboards temp was at idle, my second hard drive is also at 30'C as well.

Got any ideas of how to properly measure without going out and buying something? lol

Whats ur ambient temp?

for me it's normally HDD idle temp (if it has fans pushing air on them from the outsde of case) minus 10-15 °C

Whats ur ambient temp?

well heres my temps for reference, my bigger hard drive is inside the case, and my smaller hard drive is on the top using a quick dock.

rnvyP.png

Whats ur ambient temp?

your ambient should be somewhere around 16-20°C then.. BTW: what are you cooling with?.. I mean exactly.. fans/rpm/cooler

Whats ur ambient temp?

WEll my exact cooling situation is this,

Noctua NH-D14 with stock fans for cpu cooling

Then theres 2 fans on the direct cu II card i have

i dont think my seasonic fan has ever been on but theres that

then theres all the case fans and this is straight from the box specs of the cm advanced 690 II

Front 140 x 25 mm blue led fan x 1 / 1200 rpm / 19 dBa

Top 140 x 25 mm fan x 1 / 1200 rpm /19 dBa

Rear 120 mm fan x 1 / 1200 rpm / 17 dBa

my cpu fan runs stock speeds, my graphics card fan is on a custom speed depending on heat using msi afterburner

good job i love amd cpu's and can't stand intel ones they cost to much for how they perform my i7 3770 clocked at 4.4ghz does not do much better then my 8350 in anything but the 8 ciores come in handy over the 4 cores

Whats ur ambient temp?

Thanks :) then i can expect almost same when my Dark rock pro 2 arrives from repair, and my spectre Pro's arrive to stock up my case with 6 case fans (2x140mmExhaust/4x120mmIntake)

The only problem i had with the cpu is not the actual cpu itself but the heatsink is too loud

I just saw a review on the 8350 and perform well in alot of scenarios

I Think was the Tek

did a really nice benchmarks.

I Think was the Tek

Ya, I watched that, and I trust Logan, but why are his benches so different than everyone else's?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-vishera-review,3328-14.html

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6396/the-vishera-review-amd-fx8350-fx8320-fx6300-and-fx4300-tested/5

Like was there a crazy powerful driver update since the release? Like, I just don't get it.

The only problem i had with the cpu is not the actual cpu itself but the heatsink is too loud

you're using stock cooler, it has everything bad in it, try to use proper cpu cooler like Cooler Master hyper 212 evo

I have an FX-8120 OC'd to 4.7Ghz. @ 1.4000V with an XSPC 750 RS240 Extreme Water Cooling Loop (CPU) with an MSI gpu as well, but a GTX 680 4Gb. OC Edition. I'm getting well over 100fps in BF3 on ultra and my temps. never go over like 45C. Given this is a pretty good water cooler but BF3 still runs the CPU pretty good, with a secondary monitor for all the extra progrmas I run at the same time. (TeamSpeak3, OpenHradware Monitor, TweetDeck, RocketDock, and several others) So GREAT for multi-tasking. Let me know what you think.

I have an FX-8120 OC'd to 4.7Ghz. @ 1.4000V with an XSPC 750 RS240 Extreme Water Cooling Loop (CPU) with an MSI gpu as well, but a GTX 680 4Gb. OC Edition. I'm getting well over 100fps in BF3 on ultra and my temps. never go over like 45C. Given this is a pretty good water cooler but BF3 still runs the CPU pretty good, with a secondary monitor for all the extra progrmas I run at the same time. (TeamSpeak3, OpenHradware Monitor, TweetDeck, RocketDock, and several others) So GREAT for multi-tasking. Let me know what you guys think.

I Think was the Tek

I am not sure why the benchmarks are so different, maybe the other sites are just "fanboys". I am still a little skeptical.

I was told to stay the hell away from the 8350 by this guy!

post-3550-13667861031925_thumb.jpg

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.