iPhone 5 or iPhone 5s?

wilbso

Hi! As the title says, im struggling what to choose. I've seen comparison videos, but they don't really tailor to me.

So, I usually use my phone for the normal stuff, texts,calls, browsing, mail etc. But the android phones haven't really lived up to my standard. So Im moving to ios. Now, im planning on buying it off ebay completely new, and the price for a.new 5 is £250-£260. Whilst for a 5s they are £350.

Is it worth saving another £100 for the 5c? Is there actually any visual performance difference that I would notice between them? And is touch ID worth it? I'd like to know your opinion on this! Although please dont say dont use iPhone because posts like that are stupid and pointless.

Thanks. I would include the 5c in the choice, but I've seen a screen pop right out of the plastic easily before.

Wait 3 months and see what the iPhone 6 has to offer.

And than see which one you'll get, second hand or new.

Nokia 3310. ;)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

iphone 5 is discontinued isn't it? I'd get the 5s. @wilbso

However apple is at WWDC 2014 this year again so wait a month or so.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

iphone 5 is discontinued isn't it? I'd get the 5s.

However apple is at WWDC 2014 this year again so wait a month or so.

Nope...it never got discontinued.

But ok, I'll see what apple come up with. Thanks

Yeah i agree wait for the next iphone, prices will drop for the current iphone a lot, it makes a massive difference if you are on contract

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Get the 5S dont't let the price stop you from getting the lower one.

Details separate people.

Yeah i agree wait for the next iphone, prices will drop for the current iphone a lot, it makes a massive difference if you are on contract

Yeah. I found a video from MKBHD (Probably missed letter there) where he showed the iphone 6 current dummy, and it doesn't look to my liking. It's screen is way to big. But still, I'll wait until prices drop.

Yeah. I found a video from MKBHD (Probably missed letter there) where he showed the iphone 6 current dummy, and it doesn't look to my liking. It's screen is way to big. But still, I'll wait until prices drop.

I didnt say get the new iphone, the prices for the 5s will drop when the new phone comes, its certainly worth saving around £100 per year.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I didnt say get the new iphone, the prices for the 5s will drop when the new phone comes, its certainly worth saving around £100 per year.

I know you didn't say that xD somebody else said that. But I agree with waiting until the price drops.